Is there any way to add an FXO trunk in VitalPBX?

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Is there any way to add an FXO trunk in VitalPBX?

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by bit.
    Participant

I have a Digium, Inc. Wildcard TDM410 4-port analog card with one FXO port and 3 FXS ports and while I can set incomings calls from FXO to be directed to extensions (for example) I can neither add an Outgoing Route that uses the FXO port or add the FXO port as a trunk.

Or at least I haven’t been able to find any way to do so in an hour of searching through the interface or the manual. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

Michal

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down
    • First you have to create a channel group with your FXO ports (Settings >> Telephony >> Channel Groups).
    • For outgoing calls you must to create a trunk of type telephony and select the channel group that you have created previously (PBX >> External >> Trunks).
    • For Incoming calls you must select the routing method as FXO, then, in the FXO channel field you can select your FXO port (PBX >> External >> Inbound Routes).
    • Apply Changes
    michal
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thank you. I managed to figure it out shortly after posting but could not edit my post as it was still in moderation.

It’s great to have it documented like this and I’ve added it to my notes.

Roger4K
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I am trying to set this up but when I go to Settings>>Telephony>>Channel Group when I put in group name, I am not seeing anything listed in the Channels for this group to select.

Up
    Down

@roger4k

You must detect hardware first, before starting to configure your DAHDI devices

bit
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Thank you. I have Openvox 8 port analog card. I was not able to setup the trunk before reading this post. I think it shoul be added to the manuel about configuring analog cards.
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.