is there anyway to unify all extensions to1 mailbox

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion is there anyway to unify all extensions to1 mailbox

Up
Down
    Participant

ext 201,202,203,204  all save and access a common mailbox.

Also, does anyone have a suggestion for mobile softphone that works well with VitalPBX

Thanks in advance

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies

1. There is a work around to share voicemail for multiple extension, you can create an extension without devices, then, add “Call Forward on No Answer” diversion to your extensions to send the calls to the voicemail extension.

For example the voicemail extension could be the ext 400, so, when some one call to the extension 201 and nobody answer, then, the call will be redirected to the voicemail extension 400.

2. About your question about the Softphones: Any softphone with protocol SIP or IAX works with VitalPBX

mmcs
    Participant

Thanks mrivera

What I Did was

Created ext 200 chose none for devices

in module extension status clicked CFN on extension 201  to 204

in the action button -> Diversion set CFN to ext 200 for extensions 201-204

Is this what you suggested?

only thing is that when I dial ext 200 it says its not available

On a side note — Select Time– is that  not implemented

Yes, that is what I suggest. Obviously, the extensions with technology none cannot be dialed, because are dummy extension.

mmcs
    Participant

Yes that’s true. I guess I’m not sure how to access the mailbox or how to get into it. If I can’ dial into it do hsve advice 

To access to it you can dial the feature number *98

mmcs
    Participant

Thanks  mrivera your advice worked in unifying to a common mailbox.

You mentioned turning off the  parking lot number announcement to the caller is going to be fixed in the next update. do you know when the next update will be or if you will have a patch for this one issue since it is a common and important fix from what I see in others are saying online.  Is there a workaround that you would suggest since you are now the king of the workaound 😉

Also is it normal for the mobile sip phone as an external extension to receive a ringing but once the server parks a call the call is 487/terminated and the sip phone cannot pick up the call but the server puts the caller on perpetual park which can only be picked up from a local extension. Testing using Csipsimple and GS Wave. Hence the incoming call can be answered only while it rings but not after it is parked on the mobile sip 

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.