Issues with incoming call (Twilio) what is the best Trunk provider to use?

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Issues with incoming call (Twilio) what is the best Trunk provider to use?

Up
Down
    Down
    Jeremy
    Participant

I got VitalPBX setup and running on Digital Ocean and setup an account with Twilio based on your recommendation. You had an article going through the steps to setup a Twilio trunk as an outgoing route but not incoming. I can make outgoing calls just fine but incoming calls only work maybe 25% to 40% of the time. I’m almost positive the issue is because twilio uses several different IP addresses to originate the outside calls from. I’ve searched your forum and see this is a common issue with twilio. I’ve tried adding all of twilio’s IPs to the SIP trunk host but that doesn’t seem to work (I have no idea if I’m even doing it right. I also see mention of using sngrep but I can’t figure out what that is or how to use it. Is there documentation somewhere with a step by step on how to setup incoming calls using twilio? Is there another SIP trunk provider out there that is easier to setup and works more reliably with VitalPBX? I’m setting this for my business and the last thing I want is to be missing calls.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Replies
    You should use PJSIP for configuring twilio trunk, due to this provider, like others use different inbound IP addresses.
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.