Let's Encrypt from the GUI still not working for me

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Let's Encrypt from the GUI still not working for me

Participant

755 on /usr/share/ombutel/www and apache owns /certificate/ and /www/. I have even whitelisted the IPs for outbound1 and oubtound2.letsencrypt.org. /var/log/log* shows little.

Eventually the GUI presents an error:

Exception: HTTP Challenge for milieu.xxxxxx.net is not available. Whole response:

{“type”:urn:acme:error:unauthorized”,”Detail”:”No registration exists matching provided key”,”status”:403} at file /usr/share/ombutel/www/modules/certificates/certificates.php on line 0

The only other thing different is that I do a fresh install of the latest version, and then clone the existing drive from that VPS to others, then continue the configuration. Should this make a difference?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

Try the following:

• chown apache:apache -R /usr/share/ombutel/certificates
    • chown apache:apache /usr/share/ombutel/www

Both folders must have 755 as permission

kbohannon
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Still nothing, on several installs. It worked fairly well a few weeks ago, so I am wondering if I am hitting up against some limit with LE, though I can’t imagine how. Sometimes I get the error, but with new installs it just sits there and nothing happens, and the log file doesn’t reveal much.

is it possible to add in our own Comodo certs instead? I had hoped to avoid getting another wildcard by using VPBX but I’ve now got several instances giving clients browser alerts.

Up
    Down

We will add the possibility to add custom certificates for next version

toxicfusion
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I had success by manually using LetsEncrypt (as I use non standard port 80).  Just have to sym link the letsencrypt cert to proper cert directory specified in the httpd.conf,

kbohannon
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Could you elaborate? My CLI skills are still at a beginner stage.

Up
    Down

We have added some fixes on certificates, please check the latest version of VitalPBX

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.