Message Indicator problem

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Message Indicator problem

  • Post
    tonywhelan
    Participant

    I upgraded my production machine to v2.3.0-3 and I now find there is an issue with Message Waiting Indication (MWI).

    When a call goes to voicemail and the caller leaves a message, the extension does not display the Message Waiting light, and the extension does not get ‘stutter dial tone”.

    So the extension’s user does not know there is a voicemail message waiting. If the extension has email activated, they do get an email.

    If I do a core reload, the MWI light comes on and dialtone changes to stutter dialtone, as it should.

    However, after listening to the voicemail message, the MWI light fails to go out, and stutter dialtone fails to return to normal dialtone. I have to again do a core reload to reset these.

    I have tested this on a Yealink T23G handset, and a Grandstream GXP-1610 handset.

    0
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    0
    Down

    We will test it, and looking for on Asterisk forum if there is any issue related voicemail on the latest Asterisk’s version.

    0
    tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    Just built the Raspberry Pi version of VitalPBX and imported my data from backup of the live/production system, to test the Pi. It has the same problem with MWI.

    0
    Up
    0
    Down

    We are making some test to find the issue. Until now looks like an asterisk issue

    0
    tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    Jose, I just did another build of  v2.3.0-3 on a test machine, and imported my data from backup of the live/production system, and this time the Message Waiting facility is working correctly.

    I’m perplexed why this problem would happen on my production machine and on a rPi build but not on another test PC. The production machine is running from a 32GB USB stick, the RPi is running from a 32GB Micro SD card,  and the latest test machine build is on a 60GB SATA SSD.

    That’s really the only difference I can think of. Could it be relevant?

    0
    Up
    0
    Down

    We have been investigating a lot about this issue, and there’s a reporting that the MWI is not working due to some modifications in asterisk source code:

    https://gerrit.asterisk.org/c/asterisk/+/11115/3

    We are compiling the Asterisk Again with the needed patches to fix this issue.

    0
    Up
    0
    Down

    We just released a new update of VitalPBX, please update and let me know if that fixes your issues.

    To see more info about this version, please visit the following link: https://vitalpbx.org/en/vitalpbx-2-3-1/

    0
    tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    Thanks Jose.

    I am going to do a fresh build of 2.3.1-1 on a test machine and testthat first. Then I will try updating the production machine. Hopefully can post an update within 24 hours

    0
    tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    This is now working correctly on my test machine and on the updated production machine. Thank you.

    0
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.