MOH issues

Participant

Hi folks

After several hours of experimenting on a freshly built test installation,I have come to the conclusion that:

– if you create a MOH class via Settings/PBX Settings/Music on Hold, and upload a suitable music  file(s), then set your Extension/Advanced/MOH Class & Extension/Follow Me/MOH Class to that new MOH class,  calls placed on hold will not hear your music file(s) but will continue to hear the default MOH music supplied by asterisk in folder /var/lib/asterisk/moh.

So I cannot make my custom MOH music files work.

Its not a big deal but can you check this sometime and see if you can reproduce the problem?

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

Yes, we will treat this as an issue and try to fix it in the next version

tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Many thanks.

Up
    Down

This issue is already fixed in version 2.3.0 of VitalPBX

mmcs
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Tony, did you ever find a solution to your issue?

Chris

tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Yes Chris,  version 2.3.0-3 has resolved the issue with MOH.

Unfortunately it introduced another issue – the message waiting indicator doesn’t show on a phone after a message is left, unless I do a core reload.

mmcs
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Really, I upgraded to 23.0.3 didn’t resolve that issue for me. I’m using the workaround you suggested by replacing the file in the directory with the custom file. 

The message indicator light seems to be working on my T26P yealinks. Check your MWI settings on your sip phone might help. 

tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Hi Chris. I wonder whether we might be getting different outcomes because of possibly different upgrade histories.  That is, if we built our machines with different versions of the software then maybe the subsequent upgrades have slightly different outcomes?  I can’t imagine why else it would differ.

On the other issue (Message Waiting), I get the same problem with a Grandstream GXP1610 and a SNOM300 handset. Have tested with a new build on a Raspberry Pi and populated it with data from the production machine’s backup, and the same issue arises. I can force the MWI to light up by doing a core reload. Jose thinks it may be an asterisk issue and is checking that out.

Tony

mmcs
    Participant
    Up
    Down

ITs hard to say Tony since you have upgraded and done a fresh install. I’m leaning towards it being an asterisk issue or even a centos issue because they upgraded the core. 

MOH broke when I upgraded to 23.02 in the GUI  and couldn’t register the T26P.

I did a fresh install several times loaded a back up of the settings and it registered the phoneseventually  but MOH still goes to default like you at version 23.03

I suggest to take screen shots of your setup and re-entering settings a new install manually , and not restore from back up settings to really identify if it is purely a build issue. Since The MWI works for me. and MOH works for you we cant form a consensus. If I come accross a anything i’ll let you know

mmcs
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Perhaps if you reset your phones and re-enterter the settings, Doing so has helped solve problems several times for little bugs like that. even if you try it on just 1 or 2 phones 

On the server CLi, try these commands.

php /usr/share/ombutel/scripts/dump_asterisk_conf

vitalpbx update-pbx
    vitalpbx check-integrity
    vitapbx dump-conf
    vitalpbx build-db

How did you setup your moh in the GUI pages?

tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Re the MOH, I went to Settings/PBX Settings/Music on Hold/ and created a music class called “MOH” (how original!) and clicked update. Then in that class I uploaded a music file and updated the screen. Thats all I needed.

BUT just now I tried those CLI commands you listed in case they were useful for my MWI problems. The check-integrity command identified some issues and created (amongst others) a folder /var/lib/ombutel/static/moh,   and now MOH doesn’t work! 

So I dleeted the MOH class and music and recreated them, from the GUI.

I notice that when you create a new music class using the GUI, it creates a new folder in /var/lib/ombutel/static/. In my case the new folder name was 497f4f0215e1b31a, obviously a random  hexadecimal sequence. Inside that folder it created a “moh” folder and has my music’s wav file with a random hexadecimal name. Inside the moh folder is a folder with a name like “1” which contains  a link back to that wav file. 

So although the check-integrity command created folder /var/lib/ombutel/static/moh, that folder is NOT being used to store the moh class and wav file created by the GUI.

This looks like a bit of a bug to me …..

tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    Down

So now I have copied my music wav file into the default asterisk location (/var/lib/asterisk/moh) and did a core reload and MOH works again. I will leave it alone for now till we get a clearer picture of wht is goin g on.

mmcs
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Hi Tony, Wasnt happy to hear that the MOH issue returned for you. I agree there is a bug on both issues. You saw the creation of a dead moh folder in front of your own eyes.  But as you saw the check-integrity is important because you saw the permission issues fixed. which will be important for future upgrades. Perhaps it changes the permission on the moh folder in the static folder and it stops working. 

Up
    Down

We just released a new update of VitalPBX, please update and let me know if that fixes your issues.

To see more info about this version, please visit the following link: https://vitalpbx.org/en/vitalpbx-2-3-1/

tonywhelan
    Participant
    Up
    Down

This is now working correctly with v2.3.1-1 on my test machine and on the updated production machine. Thank you.

mo10
    Participant
    Up
    Down

MOH not working on two different fresh VitalPBX 2-3-1 installations.
    Your commands with workaround were needed to fix this.

Will you fix this in the next version please? Working MOH is one of the basics of telephony.
    Thanks!

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.