Multiple Devices

Up
Down
    Participant

Is there a way to have the same Extension used by more than one device ? If it’s possible, where exactly I can configure it ? I want to use the same extension in the Ip phone and also a softphone installed in my cell phone, to receive calls on both devices.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies

We already have a video where we show how to create extensions with multiple devices.

Check this link: https://youtu.be/r_VFFmu6BDI?t=206

jrosetto
    Participant

@ing-joserivera26

I have been using a single PJSIP extension and increasing the ‘max contacts’ field.¬† Is there any reason that I should be doing it the same way that is in the video over increasing max contacts?

@jrosetto

With PJSIP you may use the same device credentials on multiple phones, so, you don’t need to create multiple devices, only increase the Max Contacts value.

jrosetto
    Participant

@ing-joserivera26

So if I understand you correctly I could register a SIP extension, then add a secondary in vitalPBX to get around the SIP single registration limitation correct?

I am using PJSIP all around, just want to clarify for my knowledge and others.

With SIP you must add multiple devices in order to use the same extension for two differents phones for example.

Suppose you have an extension 2000, and you want to use this extension in your Desktop and Mobile phone, so, if you use SIP, you need to create two devices, e.g.: 2000_DESK, 2000_MOBILE.

As you may see when using SIP, you need to use different credentials per device.

In the case of PJSIP, you only need to attach one device to the extension, and this device credentials can be used on multiple devices depending on the max contacts defined.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.