Music on Hold: how do I to do a shuffle (not the dance ;-) )?

VitalPBX Community Support Frequently Asked Questions Music on Hold: how do I to do a shuffle (not the dance ;-) )?

Participant

I went to Settings > Music on Hold and added 1 sound as “Linear” and several other with Sort = “Shuffle”.

Within my queue I can go to Music on Hold (MoH) and choose between Default, None (Ringback) and the seperate music title I uploaded.

I tried “Default”, but I then get only the default VitalPBX MoH.
    Even if I call several time.

My expectation of a MoH shuffle would be, a list of music that is randomly choosen every time Music on Hold is needed.

I also search the forum and looked at the manual for some point, but to no avail.

So, could you please tell me how MoH Shuffle works?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
    DannyLarsen
    Participant
    none
    Up
    Down

Hope its ok if I give a response

The default music on hold is not accesable from the gui, it is stored in /var/lib/asterisk/moh/

It can be changed there via winscp etc….

To do what you are asking create a new MOH category and assign it to the trunks, extensions, queues that you want.

ICTALL
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I feel an upcoming feature request for a GUI to configurate MoH… ? 

Is there a hands on manual how to create a MoH category and assign it ti the trunks?

Up
    Down

Thanks for your suggestion, We will work on this and see what we can do about your request

ICTALL
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I was confused about the working of adding MoH (Music on Hold)  music to Vital PBX.

When you first go to Settings > Music on Hold, fill in the name, select a sound file and  click on [Save], you are actually creating a MoH list with one soundfile!
    By selecting more sound files afterwards, you are adding more sound files to created list.

Within the list you can select the sort type of: shuffle or linear.
    Choosing shuffle will randomly?? pick a sound file when you use this MoH within VitalPBX.
    Using linear will play the sound files in the list’s order (1,2,3,…) every time when used within VitalPBX.

For me (and perhaps other VitalPBX users) changing the the screen a little might make the creating of the MoH sound list more clear (see attachment)

https://i.imgur.com/t4A90B4.png

The proposed changes are indicated by the red arrows in the screenshot (add-button) and [save] button instead of the [update] button.

kbohannon
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Posted by: @ing-joserivera26

Thanks for your suggestion, We will work on this and see what we can do about your request

I would also like users to individually select their hold music from a pull-down that shows the sound files available to them in their MoH class.

vitorcosta
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Is there a way to change the defaul MoH class, só we don’t need to re ulpoad the musics for each tenant?

Up
    Down

We just release the third RC for version 2.3.5, on this version, you can select a music group as default, so, when you use the default music on queues or extensions, instead of play default asterisk sounds, it will play the sounds defined in the MoH group marked as default.

Join our beta program and test all the new upcoming features like this.

Up
    Down

In the latest version of VitalPBX, it is possible to configure the Musich on Hold on shuffle mode.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.