New Community Release 2.4.1

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion New Community Release 2.4.1

Up
Down
    Participant

Hello,

are there any “artifical” limits in the new community release in comparison to 2.4.0x?
    Pls explain basic features vs fully featured

thx
    Juls

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies

There is no difference, both have the same Features, version 2.41 brings new options and fixes. Please see the following blog:

https://vitalpbx.org/en/vitalpbx-2-4-1/

Basic feature means, that include all the regular features of VitalPBX (Core Features), but, doesn’t include any commercial add-on or features, like paging-pro, multitenant, and others. 

kbohannon
    Participant

@rcuadra The change log neglects the one change that will prevent me from upgrading: the notification stretching across the top of the screen every time I log in telling me I should purchase something to make it go away. I appreciate your work, and will purchase what I can, but I have 25+ servers and don’t plan on telling some of my client administrators to “just ignore” the blue prompt if just a basic install is sufficient for their server. 

Joseph Montes
    Keymaster
    US

Hello Everyone,

With the goal of always being transparent with everyone.

There are no “Artificial Limitations” for the Free Community Version. The Free Community Version has all of the core features for VitalPBX, just how @ing-joserivera26 explained. The Blue Notification is just displaying a friendly reminder that you are using the Free Version of VitalPBX, and a lot of effort goes into the development of VitalPBX. This notification goes away when registering any License for any add-on, applying any plan, or making a donation through our donations page.

The Donations made through the donation page will give you a license key similar to the licensing plans, where once you register it, the notification will go away. Plus, you will also be getting access to some fully licensed commercial add-ons, depending on the donation level you choose. Donations are one-time payments (meaning no hidden additional costs, recurring payments, or anything of that matter), similar to when you purchase licenses for individual add-ons.

You are in no way obligated to purchase the new Pro Licensing Plan, to make the notification go away. The Pro Licensing plan is an entry-level plan you can now purchase to license various Commercial add-ons at a very low price.

I hope that this clears up any doubts that might have arisen from the latest update.

Juls
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation, but just to make sure
    does that mean we may install/use all current modules (licensed and unlicensed within their limits) as before?

Pe: Maintenance, Branding, Virtual Faxes, Sonata Switchboard – just to name a few
    after a donation or module buy?

Pls understand the importance cause we all know what happened to the former flagship Fr…PBX
    VitalPBX is a wonderful product with a lot of potential

Joseph Montes
    Keymaster
    US

@julian Yes, everything is still the same. There’s no need to worry.

All Add-ons still work as Demo with unlimited time and all features without the license. They all still have their limits when no license is applied. This is all just a notification that you are using the free version of VitalPBX. The Free Version is the same version that has always existed with all of the core features (Unlimited Extensions, IVRs, Queues, Announcements, Ring Groups, etc.), which we consider to be the Basic Features.

Fully Featured would be the addition of Commercial Add-on Modules. Which can be acquired in various ways, as stated above.

Juls
    Participant

thanks a lot @neoanthony now i’m reassured

mo10
    Participant
    Posted by: @kbohannon

@rcuadra The change log neglects the one change that will prevent me from upgrading: the notification stretching across the top of the screen every time I log in telling me I should purchase something to make it go away. I appreciate your work, and will purchase what I can, but I have 25+ servers and don’t plan on telling some of my client administrators to “just ignore” the blue prompt if just a basic install is sufficient for their server. 

Don’t you see how much money you made from deploying those 25+ free VitalPBXes?
    All the VitalPBX guys are asking is to buy a module or donate (which will give you a module license as well).

You can tell your clients: if you don’t bother the nag-screen there is no additional charge. Otherwise: the Rebranding Module is only 50$. VitalPBX needs to live from something as well.

Or you can stay with 2.4.0. That’s right.

You are always free to use a different product in the future. Which one would that be with so many features for free?

Gary
    Participant
    Posted by: @mo10
    Posted by: @kbohannon

Don’t you see how much money you made from deploying those 25+ free VitalPBXes?
    All the VitalPBX guys are asking is to buy a module or donate (which will give you a module license as well).

You can tell your clients: if you don’t bother the nag-screen there is no additional charge. Otherwise: the Rebranding Module is only 50$. VitalPBX needs to live from something as well.

Or you can stay with 2.4.0. That’s right.

You are always free to use a different product in the future. Which one would that be with so many features for free?

Well said.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.