Nightmode

Up
Down
    Participant

Hi,

Does nightmode take priority? I have setup time conditions which work fine for holidays and working days.

Sometimes I need to put the system out of hours, I thought that nightmode would do this, although it says nightmode is active, it still follows time conditions first.

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
    mo10
    Participant

Why not put your inbound routes to a nightmode (created by you) and then go to time conditions from there? This won’t skip the nightmode.

To get this right: you are saying global night mode is not as “powerful” as time conditions?

Please tell exactly how you enable night mode. Please explain your callflow as well.

phil
    Participant

Hi @mo10,

Thanks for the suggestion, I hadnt done this because in my understanding I had thought of the nightmode and callflow as two separate parallel switches ie: either one could activate or deactivate the PBX. 

I have a single inbound trunk to the time conditions – this checks for public holidays and office hours, if in hours it then forwards to a local extension, if out of hours, it goes to an IVR which allows direct voicemail or an emergency number. I wanted a manual “nightmode” override. As I write this out it becomes clearer… 

Thanks

I think you must set the night mode as the destination in the inbound route, and configure in the night mode destinations the following:

• If Disabled, Go to the time condition
    • If Enabled, Go to the IVR with out of hours options.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.