Odd warning: Can't send 10 type frames with SIP write

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Odd warning: Can't send 10 type frames with SIP write

Up
Down
    Participant

This warning message has been appearing in my asterisk log since at least 9 Mar 2018:

WARNING[27195][C-0000002e] chan_sip.c: Can’t send 10 type frames with SIP write

It occurs during a call conversation and repeats throughout the call at approx one-second intervals, so for a 20-minute call it can appear over a thousand times.  A quick sample check shows that it happens both with incoming and outgoing calls

I have just changed my log settings to turn off warnings, which should hide the issue, but I wondered if anyone has any idea what causes it? A quick scan on the internet seems to suggest it is possibly associated with “comfort noise”. I assume that may be something in the settings of an extension or a trunk, but have yet to find it.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Replies
    tonywhelan
    Participant

A follow-up – it seems to involve just the one extension which uses a rather old Aastra handset. I will be replacing that handset eventually.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.