OpenVPN and the Firewall Issues

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion OpenVPN and the Firewall Issues

Participant

I just purchased the OpenVPN and got my license key and installed it.  I set up (2) two generic clients and (1) Yealink clients.  I haven’t tried any of them yet because I am getting an error:

• Error: COMMAND_FAILED: Direct: ‘/usr/sbin/iptables-restore -w -n’ failed: iptables-restore v1.4.21: host/network `outbound1.letsencrypt.org’ not found Error occurred at line: 9 Try `iptables-restore -h’ or ‘iptables-restore –help’ for more information.

Looks like it’s related to letsencrypt.  It doesn’t work either.  Should that work?  I have just installed this via an .iso I just downloaded last week.  I have a FQN.  I have ports 80/443 open but it doesn’t appear Letsencrypt isn’t working either.  The error from Lets encrypt and Openvpn show below:

Error: INVALID_INTERFACE
    Error: COMMAND_FAILED: Direct: ‘/usr/sbin/iptables-restore -w -n’ failed: iptables-restore v1.4.21: host/network `outbound1.letsencrypt.org’ not found
    Error occurred at line: 9
    Try `iptables-restore -h’ or ‘iptables-restore –help’ for more information.

Any help would be appreciated.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies
    STEVEN FRAZIER
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I would like to get Let’s Encrypt working and perhaps that will fix the OpenVPN issue I am having.

TIA

Up
    Down

Send me an email to miguel@vitalpbx.com to schedule an appointment to check your PBX remotely. 

Up
    Down

This issue has been addressed internally. Some fixes that we made:

• The Let’s Encrypt certificate was not assigned on the HTTP Server module.
    • The OpenVPN Server had no compression, this may affect to some phone brands like Yealink or Grandstream.
    STEVEN FRAZIER
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Excellent support. Thanks very much!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Tagged: 

• The topic ‘OpenVPN and the Firewall Issues’ is closed to new replies.