OpenVPN as Server and Client Simultaneously

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion OpenVPN as Server and Client Simultaneously

Up
Down
    Participant

Hello I have 2 Vital PBX on different locations, I have configured the main as OpenVPN Server and for a secondary I have configured the Client provide and also the server, but when I click on the enable button the secondary VPN did not establish the connection. 

I’ve opened the VPN port on both PBXs and the main one and the second one that have the server configuration I can connect IOs and other type of clients, just on the second one where I’m trying to configure it as client/server simultaneously is not working. 

Here are the details from Both PBX:

Main: 

Versions: VitalPBX : 2.3.4-1 / Open VPN: 2.0.0-1

VPN Role: Server

VPN Server Conf: Cipher: Blowfish, Compression: comp-Izo, Port: 1194, Server Address Pool:10.8.0.0/24, Redirect Gateway: no

Client Created: Name: RemotePBX, Type: VitalPBX, Fixed IP: 10.8.0.200.

License: Purchased

Secondary:

Versions: VitalPBX: 2.3.0-1 / OpenVPN: 2.0.0-2

VPN Role: Server/Client

VPN Server Conf: Algo: Blowfish, Compression: comp-Izo, Port: 1194, Server Address Pool:10.28.0.0/24, Redirect Gateway: no

VPN Client Configuration: Tar from main server and click on enable button, status stay disconnected.

VPN Server Clients: Configured with the Client file generated with no connection issues.

License: Testing

Please let me know if there’s any log or additional troubleshoot steps to follow to find the reason for the issue. 

Thanks in advanced. 

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies

Check the status of the OpenVPN client service on the secondary server

systemctl status openvpn@vpbx.service
    cdcambronero
    Participant

Hello,

The service was stoped, I started with the command “systemctl start openvpn@vpbx.service” and went to the GUI and disabled and enabled the client configuration but it stays disconnected.

Any other ideas?

Just start the service, then refresh the OpenVPN client dialog, it should appear the assigned IP for the client

Also, try saving the firewall configuration in both sides

We just released a new update of the OpenVPN add-on, please update and let me know if the issue persists

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Tagged: , ,

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.