OpenVPN question

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion OpenVPN question

Participant

Thank you for adding this new module to the VitalPBX platform I’m sure it will be a welcome addition.

Question 1  When creating clients is it possible to create a config file suitable for upload to a Yealink phone which work very well with OpenVPN.

Question 2 If we have a Head office (VPN server) and 2 remote office’s all running VitalPBX’s can we create a clients to connect remote office’s.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

Hi @gary

Question 1  When creating clients is it possible to create a config file suitable for upload to a Yealink phone which work very well with OpenVPN.

We provide the configurations files in a generic way, in the case of yealink phones, you must to edit the configurations according to your needs.

Question 2 If we have a Head office (VPN server) and 2 remote office’s all running VitalPBX’s can we create a clients to connect remote office’s.

We are making a research about the second question that you made

Up
    Down

Hi @gary, we were trying to generate specific configurations for Yealink phones, however, it was impossible, we believe that is because the Yealink phones use an obsolete version of OpenVPN(http://forum.yealink.com/forum/archive/index.php?thread-40953.html). 

If you have any suggestion or any working configuration with Yealink & OpenVPN V2.4.6-1, we will glad to hear it.

Gary
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Here is the script I used many years ago for creating yealink upload file, I have 2 customers still using this with very good results, this is only a portion of the overall openvpn server/client install. Hope it helps.

echo “Please enter name for cert”
    echo “Example: Yealink701”
    read name
    echo “Please enter your FQDN”
    echo “Example: mypbx.homelinux.com OR 184.140.320.80”
    read fqdn

cd /etc/openvpn/easy-rsa
    source ./vars
    ./pkitool $name

rm /etc/openvpn/client.conf.tmp* > /dev/null

mkdir -p /root/keys/$name/keys

#create client.conf
    echo “client” >>/etc/openvpn/client.conf.tmp
    echo “dev tun” >>/etc/openvpn/client.conf.tmp
    echo “proto udp” >>/etc/openvpn/client.conf.tmp
    echo “remote $fqdn 1194” >>/etc/openvpn/client.conf.tmp
    echo “resolv-retry infinite” >>/etc/openvpn/client.conf.tmp
    echo “nobind” >>/etc/openvpn/client.conf.tmp
    echo “persist-key” >>/etc/openvpn/client.conf.tmp
    echo “persist-tun” >>/etc/openvpn/client.conf.tmp
    echo “ca /yealink/config/openvpn/keys/ca.crt” >>/etc/openvpn/client.conf.tmp
    echo “cert /yealink/config/openvpn/keys/$name.crt” >>/etc/openvpn/client.conf.tmp
    echo “key /yealink/config/openvpn/keys/$name.key” >>/etc/openvpn/client.conf.tmp
    echo “verb 3” >>/etc/openvpn/client.conf.tmp
    echo “mute 10” >>/etc/openvpn/client.conf.tmp
    echo “nobind” >>/etc/openvpn/client.conf.tmp

cp /etc/openvpn/ca.crt /root/keys/$name/keys
    cp /etc/openvpn/easy-rsa/keys/$name.crt /root/keys/$name/keys
    cp /etc/openvpn/easy-rsa/keys/$name.key /root/keys/$name/keys
    cp /etc/openvpn/client.conf.tmp /root/keys/$name/$name.conf
    mv /root/keys/$name/$name.conf /root/keys/$name/vpn.cnf
    cd /root/keys/$name
    tar cvf /root/keys/$name/$name.tar . > /dev/null
    echo “Yeahlink tar file file saved to /root/keys/$name”
    echo “Copy the tar file to PC to be uploaded to Yealink phone”

Up
    Down

Hi  @gary, thanks for the info. We already contact the Yealink Support and they already answered, they told us that we were using discontinued models of Yealink Phones (SIP-T32G, SIP-T28P); due we are using the latest version of OpenVPN (2.4.6) & Easy-RSA (3.0)  the supported models are: T2P, T4G, T4S, T5S.

We will release the next version of OpenVPN add-ons that allows you to download configurations suitable for upload to a Yealink phone the next week.

Gary
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thanks for the update, I have a T54S & a T41S on my desk if you need someone to test let me know.

Up
    Down

Thanks for the offer, we will take it into account

Up
    Down

Hi  @gary

In the version 1.0.5 of the OpenVPN add-on in is possible to connect a VitalPBX as OpenVPN Client: http://bit.ly/2wkzc3C

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.