Outbound Caller ID Modification

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Outbound Caller ID Modification

Up
Down
    Participant

I have clients now working remotely, with calls forwarded out to their cell phones via external numbers set within a ring group. To differentiate between work and personal calls, I set a CID Name Prefix. The modified ID (Prefix+CID) appears on the office phones, but the only unmodified ID appears on their phones. I could override the outbound CID to differentiate the calls, but the clients also want to see the caller’s number. Is this possible? O’ve tried modifying the CID in the ring group and the inbound route, but the cell phones still get the original number.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies

Do you have call log to analyze it?

kbohannon
    Participant

@ing-joserivera26 Here is a call that came in from 15555551212 to the client’s number 17777771212. It goes to a ring group to ring out on CellPhoneOne and CellPhoneTwo, in addition to one internal extensions.

mo10
    Participant

Cell-Phones are not able to see the CallerName in my optinion. So how should this be possible?
    What you could do is use a SIP-Client on the Phone.

Or am i missing something here?

According to the call trace, the info sends to the provider before the forward is:

• CID Name: TIL_:CallerName
    • CID Number: 15555551212
    mo10
    Participant

In which situations are cellphones able to display a callername?

kbohannon
    Participant

@mo10 based on your comment, I did some basic research, and now understand the nature of the problem. I will end up modifying the CID and not the CNAM as a way to help the client. Thanks for getting me in the right direction; I did not fully realize this about cell phones (face-palm).

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.