- February 16, 2021 at 6:37 pm
I have had this VitalPBX install on my VM at my home SIP system for a long time. I have never been able to make calls to operator network and make normal national line calls using this system. Internal calls from device to device works perfectly. I cannot figure out what is the problem here why calls from and to operator line do not work.
Here is more detailed about the system and setup:
- VitalPBX the newest version (now 3.0.6-2) with 6 Snom 720 phones and 2 Grandstream apps installed in Android phones.
- I have working line number and all details from the operator and they are saying that everything is fine in their side. I was told that there is nothing strange in their log of the connection/number.
- In VitalPBX SIP devices report all the devices status are OK ( xxx ms) and phones are correctly installed to the system (user agent snom720/x.y.zz)
- Futher SIP trunk status with the device (international code phone number without +) and host and port is fine and status is “OK” (xx ms)
- Further Registrations with this device and host/port/refresh is good and state is “registered”
- I tried to check the log of the system but cannot find any strange markings (I am a bit out of my comfort zone with the PBX logs and may not recognize something critical)
I am the manager+admin of our company IT and we have Grandstream system with UCM62xx using this same operator. I have double checked every single setup parameter from there and they are set the same way in my SIP system (I have also a private deal with the operator and different number).
I have configured outbound line so that there is the trunk is operator trunk with necessary parameters and one with convenient dial pattern.
But still I cannot make calls. When I make a call to any number my I can hear ringing sound for some time but the call never make it thru.
The operator represent only 3cx and Grandstream and say to me that they do not know VitalPBX and therefore cannot help me out with this. I like this system and would like to get to know this well and maybe become an expert in my country on this.
Any idea how to start to find the reason for this not able to make calls to operator network?0
- February 16, 2021 at 6:45 pm
I forgot to give some more details about the issue.
- February 16, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Both outbound and inbound calls from operator do not work. Outgoing call makes normal ringing sound but call never makes it way to receiving number. When I call from my cell phone to my number it makes line buzy sound and call never makes it way to my system even thou there is no-one using the system. My operator says that there is no calls made. None.
I have tried this behind my corporate firewall (Sophos) and using my spare gateway (Ubiquiti) and also connected directly to modem (which gives IP from ISP = No NAT). So this should not be related to my network setup. I think there is something wrong with my VitalPBX but I cannot figure out what.
I do not have other hardware and/or other PBX-system to test this with.0
Thank you for the info about sngrep. Attached here is what happens in sngrep when I try to call outbound. Does this mean that the calling parameters (authorization) is wrong when it is in red? Authorization should be right because it is registered to PSTN system.
- February 16, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.0
Outbound routes works fine now. The problem was something to do with the PSTN number they gave me. With another number outbound calls just works fine.
- February 22, 2021 at 6:16 pm
But now still inbound do not work. I can see from the sngrep log that the call is coming in but it do not connect to my SNOM phones. When I call internal call from SNOM to another it works perfectly. When I make outbound call it works now fine. But inbound calls from PSTN do not work.
I have installed to one of my windows computers for testing the line a program called phonerline and it works well both inbound and outbound and the system is inside the same subnet and therefore it is not about the line. It is something with my vitalpbx setup. I just cannot figure out why the phones do not ring.
I have tested with inbound destination one extension (SNOM which works outbound and internal calls fine) and with ring group (all SNOMs). Call do not work. When I try to call to my number from PTSN the voice says “The dialed number is incorrect”. But the number is fine and working.
Inbound routes are as follows:
Routing method: Default
Description: 123456789 (same as my DID pattern)
DID pattern: 123456789 (my phone number in an international form without +)
CID pattern: (nothing)
CID Modifier: None
CID lookup: None
Trunks (Device for incoming calls / User)
User name: x.x.x.x (IP that was given to my by my PSTN)
Host: x.x.x.x (same as previous)
IP authentication: Yes
Again, now everything works but this inbound route meaning that the phones do not even ring and the bot says that the number is incorrect. But it is not because phoneline works both in and out with the same number/PSTN/setup, and outbound works well.
One hint may be that with incoming call the second line in the sngrep says that “484 Address Incomplete”. I tried to find a solution based on that 484 but I cannot found anything that helps.0
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.