Outbound Routes prioritization

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Outbound Routes prioritization

Up
Down
    Participant

Is the any way to prioritize an outbound rule besides the pattern default prioritization?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies

May you provide an example of what you want to do?

Tassos
    Participant

I have an outbound rule 2xxxxxxxxx that is served by trunk A (at the top of the rules) 

Now, I want a certain fax number say 2810234234 to be served by trunk B (as trunk B works best with faxes)

If the second rule is below the first rule, it is not been used (although it is more specific than the first rule)

If the second rule had less digits, it would work (but this is not the case)

So I want to be able to place the second rule before the first one, so that it takes precedence.

This apply for incoming calls or for outgoing calls?

pdifeo
    Participant

This is an useful feature. In freepbx on outbound route you can specify prepend, prefix, pattern and also callerid. So you can specify what extensions can use this route.

sincerely I do not know if it is implementable with Class of Service

I hope that in next version of VitalPBX you can implement.

Tassos
    Participant

This is for outgoing calls.

Posted by: pdifeo

This is an useful feature. In freepbx on outbound route you can specify prepend, prefix, pattern and also callerid. So you can specify what extensions can use this route.

sincerely I do not know if it is implementable with Class of Service

I hope that in next version of VitalPBX you can implement.

You have the same fields on VitalPBX in the outbound routes module, except for the caller ID match, however this can be achieved with the class of services. 

Check this link to understand how the class of services works: http://bit.ly/2xdGGXB

Posted by: Tassos

This is for outgoing calls.

I recommend you to create two outbound routes, the first one matching any common numbers, and the second, matching the fax numbers

Tassos
    Participant

This is what I have done and described in my initial posting.

It does not work.

Posted by: Tassos

This is what I have done and described in my initial posting.

It does not work.

Maybe you are writing wrong patterns.

Do you have specific extensions for send fax?

Tassos
    Participant

In my initial post I said.

I have one outbound rule 2xxxxxxxxx that uses Trunk A

I have a second outbound rule for a specific number 2810234235 that uses Trunk B.

As you can see the second rule matches the first one.

So when I try to have an outgoing call to 2810234235 it uses Trunk A instead of Trunk B that it should use, as it is more explicit that the first rule.

Yes I have a specific iax2 extension. I have install Hylafax along VitalPBX using iaxmodem.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.