Peer status 'unknown' after update to 2.4.0-2

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Peer status 'unknown' after update to 2.4.0-2

Participant

Since updating to 2.4.0-2, the peer status is now listed as UNKNOWN whilst the SIP registration state is ‘Registered’ the console for each trunk at their respective providers shows them as ‘online’. 

Despite all that, calling any number that is configured on my install fails to connect and falls back to either the providers PBX, or in the case of the actual trunks I rent, the numbers are not recognised.

I can’t get home just yet to log into the underlying system to check logs, but does anyone have an idea of why this might have happened?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

You mean, your extension’s devices are marked as UNKNOW?

Maybe your phones need to re-send the registration request. During the update asterisk is restarted, so, the phones need to re-send the registration request for reconnecting to the PBX.

starcaller
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Posted by: @ing-joserivera26

You mean, your extension’s devices are marked as UNKNOW?

Maybe your phones need to re-send the registration request. During the update asterisk is restarted, so, the phones need to re-send the registration request for reconnecting to the PBX.

Handset won’t register but that’s secondary to the main issue.

When I ring the numbers I should get voicemail or hold music for those configured as such. 

instead, the numbers come up as unavailable for real trunks or fall back to the providers voicemail message where there’s a PBX in place. 

it’s as if the vitalpbx install isn’t talking to the trunks properly. Going to get some logs when I’m home and watch the cli for details. 

Up
    Down

Do you have your phone’s network whitelisted on the intrusion detection module? maybe they’re banned

starcaller
    Participant
    Up
    Down

@ing-joserivera26

Firewall is turned off currently. I’m not fussed about handsets as I can deal with that later. My concern is that it’s acting like it’s not connected to any trunks despite saying that it is. As a result, if you ring any of the numbers you either get a “number not in service” or a fallback to the providers system. 

Screenshot attached of what I mean. 

starcaller
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’ve figured it out – I flushed iptables and now the status is now listed as OK. Not sure quite what would’ve changed post-upgrade to cause it

Up
    Down

When VitalPBX is updated, the firewall is started automatically.

I assume your phones network has been banned by the intrusion detection.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.