PJSIP Additional Devices tied to one extension

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion PJSIP Additional Devices tied to one extension

Participant
    Up
    Down
    How do I add additional devices to an existing extension tied to a device.  Also how many devices can you tie to one extension?

When you tie say 2 devices to an extension how does a call onhold act on the 2nd device?  Is it like the old 1A2 key systems that if you put an

extension on hold will it flash “onhold” on both extensions and can you pick up the call on either device when it’s onhold?

TIA.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
    Rodrigo Cuadra
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Steve:

First create the extension, once created you edit it and go to the Devices section and press Device and you will see that it shows you new, then there you add the second device. There are no limits for devices associated with an extension.

With the new technology PJSIP allows you multiple devices connected at the same time, in this case you only need to say how many contacts you want in Max Contacts. This way you don’t have to create more devices.

All devices ring at the same time and if one is busy the others ring if a new call comes in.

With regard to putting on hold, this is done on the device, not on the extension.

Steve
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Thanks, Rodrigo!

I will give it a try, I appreciate your help.

Steve

Steve
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Ok I am half there 😉  How do I associate the 2nd device with the MAC address of the device I want to use?  Thanks again!

Steve

Steve
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Ok, maybe I jumped the gun too early.  I see I would use the device name (like an extension) with the password of the 2nd device and then that should work, right?
    Rodrigo Cuadra
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    To associate the device with a MAC address you have to use the Provisisoning System
    Rodrigo Cuadra
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    So, for each device you create is a different name (user).
    Steve
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Got it, thanks for all your help and you explanations.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.