PJSIP Trunk Setup

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion PJSIP Trunk Setup

Participant

Hi, I am in the process of switching over from FreePBX and I can use some help with setting up a pjsip trunk. My provider is Flowroute and the only support documents that I can find on their site is to set up pjsip in FreePBX. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Replies
    powersurge
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Does anyone have any suggestions? I tried getting support from Flowroute, but the response that I got was:

“I’m not familiar with vitalPBX, but at first glance (your settings) looks correct.
    I not sure what local secret is used for, if at all.

In general if we are sending a rejection it’s because of username or password.”

The username and password is definitely correct…

Up
    Down

May you send the link of the flow route documentation about PJSIP trunks?

powersurge
    Participant
    Up
    Down

https://support.flowroute.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2960886-freepbx-pjsip-trunk-setup

Flowroute support also gave me this info:

This is a sample configuration using chan_PJSIP running on one of our test FreePBXs.

General:
    username = techprefix
    password = password
    auth is outbound
    registration is send
    sip server is your preferred flowroute registration domain from your account
    port is 5060
    context is from-pstn
    transport is 0.0.0.0-udp

Advanced:
    DTMF is RFC 4733
    Match(permit) = 147.75.60.160/28, 34.210.91.112/28, 34.226.36.32/28, 147.75.65.192/28
    Support path yes
    rtp symmetric yes

Everything else should be a default.

Up
    Down

May you send me a screenshot of your current configurations?

Please, obfuscate any sensible data

powersurge
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Let me know if you have any trouble getting the screenshots that I posted to my Dropbox… Thanks!

Up
    Down

I am not able to see the attached pictures, if you have any sensible data, you may send me the pictures directly to my email: miguel@vitalpbx.com

Up
    Down

Sorry for the late, I am not really able to homologate this VoIP provider, cause I have no account with them. However, I just check their info and I think the attached configuration may work.

powersurge
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I tried those settings, but unfortunately it’s still getting rejected by Flowroute. Would it be possible to donate some money toward the purchase of a DID through Flowroute so that you can troubleshoot this? Let me know. Thanks!

Up
    Down

Hello powersurge,

Thanks for your offer of donating. However, maybe, you prefer to buy us a professional support package for one hour, and we will use that money to homologate “flowroute” VoIP Provider with VitalPBX.

Thanks for support to VitalPBX

Leonard
    Participant
    Up
    Down

The Flowroute SIP config

https://support.flowroute.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2219738-configure-an-asterisk-pbx#sipconf

I’m not sure how your confirming the login failure from the VitalPBX or Flowroute.  I’m kind of wondering if you can actually get to Flowroute.  If you go to the VitalPBX server (not logging into the web interface but the actual server) login as root.  Can you ping your Host that you identified in your config?  Thus – ping [preferred PoP].sip.flowroute.com 

This will confirm your DNS lookup works and you can in fact get to the “pop”. 

Not insulting you.  You may have already done this I’m just kicking ideas out.

As a side note I also as going to go with Flowroute however they charge the Federal Universal Service Fund (FUSF) – which as ~$12 per DID.  VOIP.MS only charges usage and for the DID.

Thanks,   

powersurge
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Yes, I am able to ping us-west-or.sip.flowroute.com from the VitalPBX server. The reason why I am using Flowroute is because they offer MMS messaging in their API.

Up
    Down

Did you check providers like telnyx or twilio, I believe they have the same ability for MMS.

powersurge
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Maybe I’ll give one of them a try… I’ve always liked Flowroute, but I might like telnyx or twilio even better.

powersurge
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Ok, so I created an account with Telnyx but I am still getting rejections. What am I doing wrong?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.