Provisioning Templates and Macros

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Provisioning Templates and Macros

Up
Down
    Participant

Hi There,

I am looking for macros or keywords I can use for the Provisioning Templates, for example if I want each phone to have their own voicemail number which is <P33> on Grandstream when I edit the endpoint manager menu under settings I would like to put in <P33>${VM_CALLERID} or similar as you do on the voicemail email page, or put their name as the account line for <P270> I could do <P270>%%extension_number%% | %%extension_first_name%% %%extension_last_name%%

Is this already setup and I have just missed how to do this? 

Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
    phil
    Participant

Hi Developers,

Seriously I am looking for an answer to make a business choice.

If this doesn’t exist or its not possible, then just say so. If it is possible – then please point me to a manual page

Thanks

phil
    Participant

Hi All Members,

Can any templating expert suggest a solution or help me with this – its not in the docs that I can find

Answering your first question, no, is not possible by now, maybe in future releses.

phil
    Participant

Thank you for the reply, does this mean it is not possible to do automated rollout to IP phones?

The issue I would have with a large number of phones, is that I have set it up in the phone system already, for example under extensions where I have put in the voicemail password and extension name of owner or standard softkeys.

I don’t want to duplicate all of this in a separate provisioning tool or manually do this on each phone web interface.

You have a great system, but it seems a bit odd that you encrypt the phone templates so I can’t even update them, and if you update them, will it  overwrite my changes on the advanced settings ?

What suggestions do you have as I think provisioning for a large group is important ?

Thanks

anomaly0617
    Participant

I would like to add a +1 to this request. It would be great if, within the Endpoint Manager template, we could specify some variables for the values. In my case I’m using Grandstream GXP2170’s. The first softbutton (top left) is always the Line, which Endpoint Manager does. The description on our phones however is often [Extension Number] [Employee Name] instead of just Employee Name. This way it’s abundantly clear what extension this phone has.

Additionally in our existing PBX implementations (we’re an MSP, with a number of PBX installations across many clients), the second softbutton (Top left, just below the first one) we set to a Speed Dial that has no value and a description/label that says “Direct: +1 XXX-XXX-XXXX” which corresponds to the incoming DID of this extension. That way the user ALSO knows what their outside direct line is.

So far (v2.41) I don’t see any way to put these in place, even though the information is stored in the extension configuration.

Thoughts?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.