VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Re parking call on same button

Up
Down
    Participant

I have one park button and 3 parking slots on a yealink T26P phone

park, 701,702,703

Park

702 called parked answers re-parks to another empty slot

When a call is parked and answered , when its re-parked it parks to the next available park slot. Is there a way to re-park the call on the same slot

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Replies
    DannyLarsen
    Participant
    none

You should be able to park and retrieve the call with the 701, 702,703  blf key instead of Parking with the Park key for this situation

I have this set up on serveral systems with Yealink T46S phones

toxicfusion
    Participant

@Dannylarsen

I have similar aspect or question regarding Call Parking.   Can we truly park calls directly with park slot BLF?  Instead of “Call Park 700” to initiate the call park.  Can we just create BLF for 701,702,703…  then press those to directly park?

DannyLarsen
    Participant
    none

Yes we have been using that with Yealink phones, should work on others as well

toxicfusion
    Participant

Very good, I’ll be deploy myself and test & report back.

Pulling my clients off and away from 3CX… Goodriddence.

mmcs
    Participant

Hi Danny. thanks for your reply. sorry for not replying earlier been stuck in some projects. 

I wonder what were your setting to achieve what you said you did. not sure if your yealink version offers more functionality. if you could briefly tell me how you did it with respect to your extensions phone cofig or Vital Config?,  it would be helpful. thanks again and take care.

Chris

DannyLarsen
    Participant
    none

It should be built into the recent versions of VitalPBX no config needed

As far as the yealink phones just set the keys as BLF with the values of 701, 702, 703 etcc

toxicfusion
    Participant

I’ll be testing with Yealink and Grandstream phones.

Believe Yealink can absolutely do BLF and the call park will work and xfer.  Grandstrea, I think have to use Call Park option for key assignment.  Will find out.

mmcs
    Participant

Ok I will experiment, but how do you re park it once you pick up the button without using feature codes . a hold button somewhere?. thanks. with your advice I have something to experiment around. R are you saying that it will put i in a park slot but then you would have to use dial codes to re park it in the same button? for exmple pick up on 702 the repark ##702. 

DannyLarsen
    Participant
    none

Say you want to have 4 park locations

Just program them as BLF keys with the value of 701 for the first 702 for the second and so on

To use it while one the call just press the key marked as 701 

To retrieve the call just press the same key again you don’t need to dial other codes

You will also need to set the following function on the Yealink phone from the phones web gui or via provisioning

Features/ Transfer

Transfer Mode  via DSS key to “Blind Transfer”

mmcs
    Participant

OK I will try that. I think I did that a while back and couldn’t find the option you mentioned. Perhaps I missed it. Thanks for your help. It seems simple enough. 

toxicfusion
    Participant

Works beautifully.  Thanks for tip about Yealink phones and the “Blind Transfer” config option.

AussieJoe
    Participant

Hi, I have some Yealink T27G phones and I have them set up exactly like you’ve mentioned above with 4x BLF buttons with 701-704 as line and extension entries accordingly. It works really well except if you re-park the call to the same DSS key. It is very particular though, if you pick up a parked call by pressing the BLF key, then re-park it using the SAME BLF key the call gets dropped. Doesn’t happen if you don’t pickup the handset (loudspeaker) or use a different DSS key. I suspect it’s a problem with the phone but thought I’d check on this forum as well in case anyone had found a similar issue.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

DannyLarsen
    Participant
    none

I just tested parking and re parking several times with a Yealink T46 and T58, we are not seeing this issue

mmcs
    Participant

It might be with the phone t26p. Danny Larson could you share your settings 

DannyLarsen
    Participant
    none

As far as the Yealink settings

I setup a Call Park Key 700 but you don’t need this. Then a BLF key for each Park location 701,702 etc… 

On the phone GUI under Features/Transfer set “Transfer mode via DSS key” to blind

Or thru the Endpoint Mgr     transfer.dsskey_deal_type = 2
    Valid Value:
    (0-New Call;1-Attended Transfer;2-Blind Transfer)

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.