receiving email without attachment

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion receiving email without attachment

Up
Down
    Participant

System is sending emails to extension email address, but not attaching files.  Unsure what issue is?  two systems setup and config in same way – one of them isnt sending with attachment

example:  Have an extension setup for virtual fax – to detect fax “fax setting” and to send fax to email.

Will receive the fax notification email, but PDF is not attached.

I’ve reconfigured email SMTP details,  used both internal SMTP as well as external SMTP settings (amazon SES)

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies

Are you using the new fax add-on? or the current fax implementation

toxicfusion
    Participant

Current fax implementation.   I am looking to possibly purchase the new fax add-on though!

Version: VitalPBX 2.1.1-1

You may use the new fax add-on for free, the only limitation is that only allows you to create 1 fax device, in the licensing version you may create unlimited devices.

toxicfusion
    Participant

that’s great about using add-on!

Unfortunately, not seeing it avail under ‘add-ons’. This a manual install?

By now, the fax add-on is only available for the release candidate of VitalPBX.

About the issue with the current fax implementation, do you may provide the call log when fax arrive in your PBX to see what’s happening?

toxicfusion
    Participant

Tip for me to generate that?  I can do CDR for you, or would you like the call log via logging?

PS:  Since 2.1.1-1 Unable to view logs within WebUI

I have 5 installs at moment, as slowly start to migrate clients of mine.

This issue already comes resolved in the next version. I need a log via Asterisk CLI

toxicfusion
    Participant

Question:

The integrated ‘detect fax’ within 2.2.1 release.   I have a fake fax extension configured, and the fax detecting enabled ‘fax settings’  This answers as fax.

However, due to issue where system was receiving faxes but emailing without the attached PDF.  Are these fax PDF’s stored somewhere within VitalPBX/Ombutel????   On behalf of a client, this would mean they lost alot of important faxes…  Hopefully they’re stored & forwarded, not just shot off via SMTP.

Check in the following path:

/var/lib/ombutel/static
    toxicfusion
    Participant

Perfecto – thank you! 

Oddly, the system that wasnt attaching the PDF’s when sending out via SMTP – there is nothing there, no fax extension directory.

However, I ended up forwarding faxes to another system of mine for the client – and it was properly sending out emails with attachments. Faxes were found there…

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.