Registering a Yealink remotely to a VPS install

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Registering a Yealink remotely to a VPS install

Up
Down
    Participant

I have managed to install VitalPBX on a VPS using the iso as a secondary drive as the github script would not work for me. I am trying to register a Yealink T42G handset remotely but i am getting in the Log viewer

[2019-08-17 08:58:09] NOTICE[1700] chan_sip.c: Registration from ‘”Reception | 200″ <sip:200@mydomain.com:5060>’ failed for ‘my public IP:5060’ – Wrong password. I am using the auto provision http://[mydomain.com]/xepm-provision/ and i am getting the config file as name buttons etc are all displayed. I am assuming the password refers to the extension password or am i missing something completely as VitalPBX is new to me. I have tried manually adding a new password and pasting that in the yealink account but still the same issue. Can someone please guide me in the right direction so i can start testing the product.

Thank you. 

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies

Are you using an auto-generated password? If you do, then try to use a password without special characters.

Talknetnz
    Participant

@ing-joserivera26

Ok, mixed results. I tried to register T42g-T19E2-T48G, The 42 and 19 failed with manually entering a random number/digit password the 48 registered with a auto-generated password but changing characters for numbers, i copied the working 48 password and pasted into the t42 and t19 passwords but these two phones fail. I just tried recreating new extension and mapped the t42 but still not registering.

I have now changed the t48 to map to the extension i had for the t42 and vice a versa, after re provisioning both phones the t48 again registers with the details that failed for the t42,but the t42 does not using the registration details that worked for the t48. 

Could it be a template issue?

Maybe is an issue regarding the EPM template. However, we are working on a new phone provisioning module, this will have major compatibility with different brands and phone models.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.