Registration retry even after 404 Not found

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Registration retry even after 404 Not found

Up
Down
    Participant

Hi there,

is it possible in some ways to retry registration even after a 404 Not found registration error?

In the past few days our sip provider got an attack and sometimes our Vitalpbx got this message and hangs on registration. I’ve to reload trunk settings and in that way start registering again and if the provider doesn’t have problem, works perfectly. Is there a way to do something like a re-registration even after this error?

Detailed error in log is:

chan_sip.c: Got 404 Not found on SIP register to service xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxxx.com, giving up

Regards,

Paolo

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
    pftech-pf
    Participant

It seems I’ve found a why to “turn around” to this problem setting a registration string like this:

[phonenumber]:[password]@[server.ext]:5060/[phonenumber]~7200

Adding ~7200 at the end of registration string, should tell asterisk to register only after 7200 seconds again on server, in this way, since this voip server still have sometimes some problem, I’ll get less often into the problem.

By the way, I still can’t understand why, voip ata like Cisco SPA112, set up at 1800 seconds registration time, doesn’t get any registration problem at all and still retry even if it get a 404 Not Found error.

It would be nice if we could set a retry time over Vitalpbx to avoid these problems…

Regards,

Paolo

What version of VitalPBX and Asterisk are you running? 

vitorcosta
    Participant

It can be useful, sometimes we get something like “Reject” or something else in the registration and the Vital doesnt try again, but the cause of the problem is the remote host end its temporary, so, if the Vital tryes to register again, it will work fine.
    In the moment we are “reloading” to force the Vital to re-register.

I think PJSIP solve those kinds of issues. If you are able to connect your PBX with your VoIP provider using port 5062, you should try it.

pftech-pf
    Participant

Sadly our provider doesn’t support PJSIP.

We’ve this problem on VitalPBX:

VitalPBX 2.4.0-1
    Asterisk 16.6.2-1

and even on:

VitalPBX 2.3.8-3
    Asterisk 16.6.0-1

and even on a hold FreePBX 14

I agree that this is a problem of our provider and I’ve already contacted them to fix this, but I was hoping that could be possible doing some re-registration in some way, even after 404 Not Found error.

Regards,

Paolo

vitorcosta
    Participant

Just adding, we have some providers that doesnt support PJSIP here, the regitration retry even in case of “no authentication” would be fantastic.

@vitorcosta

We must check if the SIP protocol has that capability.

pftech-pf
    Participant

I’ve noticed that a lot of ata voip and Patton, do registration retry even after a “404 Not found” error. It would be nice if this would be possible even with Vitalpbx.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.