Restrict calls

Up
Down
    Participant

Is it possible for an extension number to able to only dial one specific extension number? For example, I want all users only to be able to contact the secretary and then the secretary will be able to route the call to another user.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies

In the latest versions of VitalPBX it is possible to limit calls between extensions through the Classes of Services. Check the following post to learn more about it (Scenario 3): UNDERSTANDING THE CLASSES OF SERVICES

slim2018
    Participant

Thanks, that did the job. The problem is that it’s very repetitive, I have to create a CoS for each extension in a group so that the people in that group cannot call each other and only can the receptionist.

Why did you create a COS per extension? you can create one COS and assign it to multiple extensions

slim2018
    Participant

If i create CoS with staff and a CoS for reception, the staff can still call each other.

7111 – rec

7112 – staff

7113 – staff

https://ibb.co/ePDEff
    https://ibb.co/bRzn0f

So, you want to restrict calls between extensions who has the same CoS, right?, If so, this can be a feature that we can include in next versions of VitalPBX

lohitha
    Participant

This was what I also was asking  in the below thread some time back.

Which is currently not practical with Vital and a show stopper for me to migrate from freepbx based deployment to Vital.

It would be much appreciated if you could add that to your next release.

Thanks

Lohitha

Posted by: lohitha

This was what I also was asking  in the below thread some time back.

Which is currently not practical with Vital and a show stopper for me to migrate from freepbx based deployment to Vital.

It would be much appreciated if you could add that to your next release.

Thanks

Lohitha

As we told you before,, it is possible to group extension by Class of Services and mark as private. Check this link: UNDERSTANDING THE CLASSES OF SERVICES 

lohitha
    Participant

Hi Mrivera,

Thank you very much for a your kind reply.

Please kindly guide me how to accomplish below situation in Vital which I have done in freePBX based distro with a single step.

I tried a lot and honestly I cannot figure it out in Vital (may be my dumbness) . So could you kindly show me the steps to  follow in Vital to 

accomplish below. 

My requirement is like this,

(see the image to get an idea how i got it with FreePBX),

https://ibb.co/eBK3Af

Say for example, there are 100 series, 200 series, 300 series and 400 series extensions available a particular PBX implementation and I need to

allow user at ext 200 to only dial to ‘0’ [Operator] ,  251, 302, 4xx (any number in 400 series) and *6xxx (5 digit numbers staring with *6).

And the above can be done in one shot in the current system as illustrated in the attached image.

There are  more than 20, this kind of patterns configured in my client’s currently in production freePBX based system with more 200+ extensions.

and time to it has to be changed according to customer’s request.

I really need to change this system to Vital and this stops me migrating this system to Vital. 

So your help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Lohitha

Posted by: lohitha

Hi Mrivera,

Thank you very much for a your kind reply.

Please kindly guide me how to accomplish below situation in Vital which I have done in freePBX based distro with a single step.

I tried a lot and honestly I cannot figure it out in Vital (may be my dumbness) . So could you kindly show me the steps to  follow in Vital to 

accomplish below. 

My requirement is like this,

(see the image to get an idea how i got it with FreePBX),

https://ibb.co/eBK3Af

Say for example, there are 100 series, 200 series, 300 series and 400 series extensions available a particular PBX implementation and I need to

allow user at ext 200 to only dial to ‘0’ [Operator] ,  251, 302, 4xx (any number in 400 series) and *6xxx (5 digit numbers staring with *6).

And the above can be done in one shot in the current system as illustrated in the attached image.

There are  more than 20, this kind of patterns configured in my client’s currently in production freePBX based system with more 200+ extensions.

and time to it has to be changed according to customer’s request.

I really need to change this system to Vital and this stops me migrating this system to Vital. 

So your help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Lohitha

That behavior is not posible in the current version of VitalPBX, the calls, only can be restricted between classes of services, for example, you can avoid that a group of extensions(200-299)  call to other group (300-399)

lohitha
    Participant

Hi Mrivera,

Thanks for your reply and clarification. Hope you’ll soon add that facility to Vital.

Thank you,

Lohitha

slim2018
    Participant
    Posted by: mrivera

So, you want to restrict calls between extensions who has the same CoS, right?

That is correct, will be looking forward to the next update.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.