Ring tone fail with USB Headset

VitalPBX Community Support VitXi WebRTC Ring tone fail with USB Headset

Participant
    Up
    Down
    With Vitxi client I don’t get ring tone when I’m using a usb headset although it works in the ring device test and I receive normal audio after the call is answered.
    I tested it with several USB models and I had the same problem with the ring, using a model with P2 connection I get the ring normally.
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
    Maynor Peralta
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Hello,

You don’t have audio when the call ringtone sounds or also when you are on the call, you don’t have audio?

Best Regards!

aprettij
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Only when the ringtone sounds , after answering it is normal.
    Thanks
    Maynor Peralta
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Oh ok. Does this happen on outgoing and incoming calls?

aprettij
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    is intermittent , most of time the ring is muted in both directions ..I’m doing more tests..
    DOTRO
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Hello,

We are experiencing a very similar issue with our WebRTC 1.0.5-6 installation, regardless of tenant (no USB headset, only default system microphone and speakers): no ringtone on incoming and outgoing calls, call audio after answering works fine both ways.

Tested on 2 separate desktop systems and 3 different browsers (Chrome 91.0.4472.124, Firefox 89.0.2, Edge 91.0.864.64).

The only workaround we have found so far is to forcefully refresh the browser cache with CTRL + F5 after logging in to the WebRTC app. This fixes the issue every time and on every browser we have tested. After logging out and logging back in the issue comes back, requiring another CTRL + F5 refresh.

Regards!

Maynor Peralta
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Hello,

We have done the tests, and indeed this is an issue in the application. After logging in, you must reload the app for the ringtones to play.

We are going to work on this to publish as soon as possible a new version in which this problem is solved.

I will let you know when the new version is available on this topic.

Best regards!

aprettij
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Thanks for the feedback . i’ll be doing the tests using the suggestions.
    Best regards!
    jo-cpa
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    We also have this issue to a large degree.  Extremely annoying and receiving a lot of complaints from users about this.  A phone system isn’t much good if it doesn’t ring.

We are trying to be patient with the improvements with VitalPBX and VitXi.

jo-cpa
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Is anyone monitoring these forums?
    Maynor Peralta
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Hello Sir,

Yes, we are doing the last tests and reviewing some details to be able to publish the version. As soon as it is published I will let you know through this topic.

Best regards!

Maynor Peralta
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Hello!,

The new version of VitXi is now available, in which several issues reported by the community are fixed.

You can now update and proceed with testing.

In case you have a problem, you can report it in our new forum and we will gladly help you: https://forums.vitalpbx.org/

Best Regards!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘VitXi WebRTC’ is closed to new topics and replies.