Shared Voice Mail (like for support)

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Shared Voice Mail (like for support)

Up
Down
    Participant

Is there an easy was for say a group like support to have 10 phones but they all would share the same voicemail box?  A call comes in unanswered and the caller leaves a voice mail.  All phones MWI indicator would flash on all phones.  They all could use the “Message button” to call and get the voicemail without a password even though they were calling in from their own extension.  Any help would be appreciated.  TIA.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
    kbohannon
    Participant

One imperfect solution would be to register multiple extensions to the primary extension. The only problem is that extensions could not be rung separately or assigned to ring groups, etc. I’ve requested the ability to do so, since I’ve got people with multiple phones (their primary, a softphone, a home office phone) that belong to a single account but they don’t want all these extensive ringing with every call meant for them. In the meantime o might create multiple extensions to the primary mailbox, and add those extensions as second accounts on their SIP devices (or as primary in order to have the MWI). A mess to manage but it may work for you. 

Steve
    Participant

Thank you.  I think something like shared line appearances for something like support is ideal.  Each phone could have it’s own extension.  If you could put in addition to each phone a common (shared) extension on each of the phones for support and then have (1) one voicemail box, that would be really helpful.  Thanks for your help.

mo10
    Participant
    Posted by: @steve

Is there an easy was for say a group like support to have 10 phones but they all would share the same voicemail box?  A call comes in unanswered and the caller leaves a voice mail.  All phones MWI indicator would flash on all phones.  They all could use the “Message button” to call and get the voicemail without a password even though they were calling in from their own extension.  Any help would be appreciated.  TIA.

What about creating a dummy extension 1111
    Enable “Generate Hints” there in Voicemail Tab and save and apply
    See Status > Hints
    It will generate extension: vm_1111
    MWI:1111@vitalpbx-voicemail

You could then add vm_1111 as BLF-Key or VoiceMail Button. It will then show you if a news messages is available.
    Only thing you need to setup is a password like: 1111
    No Password is not possible or you would need to do a custom context if no password is really important. VitalPBX-Support could help you with this!

Leonard
    Participant

It would be cool if one could point to a mailbox as part of extension creation.  : )

Steve
    Participant

Great idea!  Thank you, thank helps and works!

mo10
    Participant
    Posted by: @steve

Great idea!  Thank you, thank helps and works!

Do you refer to my post here:
    https://vitalpbx.org/en/community/general-discussion/shared-voice-mail-like-for-support/#post-5640

Glad it helped

Steve
    Participant

@kbohannon

Thanks for your reply.  That probably won’t work for me, but I have the same situation.  It would be nice to be able to register multiple phones to a single extension and then be able to answer or originate calls from any of those phones, kind of like “extensions”.  A really nice feature to have.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.