SIP clients unable to connect

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion SIP clients unable to connect

Participant

I’m not exactly sure with which version this happened but none of my SIP clients are able to connect to the extensions that have been created for them. In fact the SIP port on the VitalPBX server seems to be closed.

PORT     STATE  SERVICE

5060/tcp closed sip

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

The UDP protocol is used for SIP communications.

michal
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Is there some way I can debug why no SIP client can register/connect? Some way I could test that would help identify what was happening?

Up
    Down

You may monitor de Asterisk CLI to determinate if the pones are sending the connection petition to Asterisk.

Also you must to check the intrusion detection module to discard that your phones were banned.

michal
    Participant
    Up
    Down

As far as I can tell nothing is banned, but the SIP clients cannot register, whether the 8 Panasonic phones I have or the Telephone MacOS app. These had all worked previously without me having changed the configuration of VitalPBX or the clients. I can only assume that a CentOS/VitalPVX update caused some unexpected side-effect that has stopped them from working.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/63jq98md8id2mrl/Screen%20Shot%202018-07-24%2007%2053%2058%20AM.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aq9326oqt3ehqc3/Screen%20Shot%202018-07-24%2007%2052%2020%20AM.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7baty9yu6y148iu/Screen%20Shot%202018-07-24%2007%2052%2051%20AM.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/za5s0iecexj94cq/Screen%20Shot%202018-07-24%2007%2053%2027%20AM.png

They are all configured to connect to vitalpbx which resolves correctly. I Did try to use the IP to see if it would make a difference, but it did not.

As far as I can see nothing is listed in the logs when these clients are attempting to register.

Up
    Down

Check if the sip peers are listed: 

asterisk -rx"sip show peers"

We have updated different systems and we cannot reproduce that issue.

michal
    Participant
    Up
    Down

[root@vitalpbx ~]# asterisk -rx”sip show peers”

Name/username             Host                                    Dyn Forcerport Comedia    ACL Port     Status      Description                      

701                       (Unspecified)                            D  No         No          A  0        UNKNOWN     Office                           

702                       (Unspecified)                            D  No         No          A  0        UNKNOWN     Study                            

703                       (Unspecified)                            D  No         No          A  0        UNKNOWN     TV Area                          

704                       (Unspecified)                            D  No         No          A  0        UNKNOWN     Family Room                      

705                       (Unspecified)                            D  No         No          A  0        UNKNOWN     Master Bedroom                   

706                       (Unspecified)                            D  No         No          A  0        UNKNOWN     Spare Bedroom                    

707                       (Unspecified)                            D  No         No          A  0        UNKNOWN     Formal Area                      

708                       (Unspecified)                            D  No         No          A  0        UNKNOWN     Garage                           

710                       (Unspecified)                            D  No         No          A  0        UNKNOWN     Softphone                        

GV13128578848x1/GV1312857 45.55.163.124                               No         No             5060     OK (347 ms) GoogleVoice                      

wen7740044848/wen77400448 64.250.180.189                              No         No             5060     OK (534 ms) CzescPolska                      

11 sip peers [Monitored: 2 online, 9 offline Unmonitored: 0 online, 0 offline]

Up
    Down

You are using extensions reserved for the default parking.

michal
    Participant
    Up
    Down

These all worked in earlier versions. Has something changed?

michal
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I originally configured using largely this as a guide, hence the extensions. And it worked for months.

Up
    Down

no, nothing has changed, the default parking has been always the extension 700 to 710.

Create for example the extension 9000 and try to register your softphone to determine if that’s the reason of the issue.

michal
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I created the following extension:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ohhweew03062uvd/Screen%20Shot%202018-07-24%2007%2011%2011%20PM.png

Still experiencing the exact same problem.

Name/username             Host                                    Dyn Forcerport Comedia    ACL Port     Status      Description                      

9000                      (Unspecified)                            D  No         No          A  0        UNKNOWN     Testing   

Up
    Down

What’s the output of the following command:

asterisk -rx”module reload chan_sip.so”

michal
    Participant
    Up
    Down

[root@vitalpbx ~]# asterisk -rx”module reload chan_sip.so”

Module ‘chan_sip.so’ reloaded successfully.

Up
    Down

There are any try of registration form your phones in the Asterisk CLI?

michal
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’m looking at full log in Log File Viewer and there is nothing. I remember that they used to appear there back when it was working.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.