Sip connectivity Issues

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Sip connectivity Issues

  • Post
    Falombard25
    Participant
    Up
    -1
    Down

    Hi Folks,

     

    I have installed and configured VPBX for the first time, but something is going on at the moment of registering my sip phones. It says “wrong password” – which is not true because I have the same username as the user device extension, and password as the user device password.

    Have anyone experienced this? am I doing something wrong? – I’ve been working with asterisk for the past 10 years and I love this system. Could anyone give me a hand?

    The phone I’m using is Polycom VVX500 and I have all the right settings.

    Thank you!

    0
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
    Oscar Romero
    Keymaster
    none
    Up
    0
    Down

    You try to register softphone yet ?

    0
    Falombard25
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    Not a softphone yet but a phone instead – using a softphone or physical phone should not matter as long they support SIP protocol.

    0
    Oscar Romero
    Keymaster
    none
    Up
    0
    Down

    If it matters a lot, because sometimes there are phones that have problems in their record fields. you can execute the sngrep command and if there you are sent that the password is incorrect you should check your phone’s configuration or try a softphone to see if the same thing happens, nobody has reported problems like yours

    0
    Falombard25
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    Hi there! 
    -Okay, let me try! – I was using FreePBX with this phone and it works like charm. It’s kinda weird something like you are mentioning is happening with the phone.

    0
    Falombard25
    Participant
    Up
    0
    Down

    Hi There!

    Okay! so I have figured out why my phone was not registering – the reason behind was because instead of selecting the whole information as it is, It was only catching the original extension.

    For example: On “user device”, I was only selecting extension “500” instead of copy the name as
    “T2_Company500” Once I have copied and pasted, bam!! – it worked like a charm.

    Thank you for your input. 🙂

    This is new in asterisk, I used to put the extension + the password for the device and bam everything works. Nonetheless, this is a good thing for authentication attempts when perpetrators try to match extension/password to hack the system – using the only the extension won’t be enough.

    0
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Tagged: ,

  • The topic ‘Sip connectivity Issues’ is closed to new replies.