SIP Register Fail – No matching peer found

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion SIP Register Fail – No matching peer found

Up
Down
    Participant

I have installed VitalPBX and have been setting up 35 Yealink T29g VOIP phones.   The first day I registered 11 with no problem.   The following morning I tried to continue and have been receiving the error “Register Failed”.   AFAIK nothing has changed in the VitalPBX config or the router settings, and I haven’t deviated from the setup process that I was using the previous day.     In the log I am finding “No matching peer found” for each failed attempt.   

[2018-06-05 07:35:44] NOTICE[1462] chan_sip.c: Registration from ‘”7051″ <sip:Crowell@x.x.x.x:5060>’ failed for ‘x.x.x.x:5060’ – No matching peer found

I am able to ping the phones and load custom wallpaper with no problem but the error continues.   I am using the same server IP and port 5060 with DNS NAPTR, although I noticed that one phone was registered using UDP.     One thing in the log that seems strange is that it also appears to be attempting to register a previously deleted user record with an incorrect IP address.    

In the log I am also seeing:

[2018-06-05 07:38:16] NOTICE[1462][C-0000007b] chan_sip.c: Failed to authenticate device <sip:2101@x.x.x.x>;tag=720097634

and

[2018-06-05 07:38:48] WARNING[1462] chan_sip.c: Retransmission timeout reached on transmission 1682039703-786953827-1873412177 for seqno 1 (Critical Response) — See https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/SIP+Retransmissions

‘Any suggestions where I should look to resolve this so I can continue with the other phones? 

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies

Execute the following command to determine if the sip users were generated: asterisk -rx”sip show peers”

zardoz
    Participant

Thanks mrivera,

I have deleted all but two of the phones / users who are not registering.   For those two I’m seeing the following:

Host :  (unspecified)

Dyn : (1) D  (1) No

Forcerport : (1) No (1) Auto (No)

ACLA :  A

Port : 0

Of course when I set these up in the interface I’m using the device IP’s (Host)  and for “Server Host”  the VitalPBX server IP with port 5060.   Do you have any recommendations, or do you know what might cause these to load as “unspecified” or “unknown”.

Thanks!

You may try to restart the phones.

zardoz
    Participant

I tried that with the same results.    ‘any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Check if your phones were banned in the Intrusion detection module (Admin >> Security >> Intrusion Detection) on the banlist Tab.

Also you must to pay attention if there is any log on the asterisk CLI when your phones sends the registration request.

zardoz
    Participant

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your help.   I think I finally found the problem after stumbling  on an old post in a Yealink forum.    Just in case anyone else runs into this, some of the phones (Yealink T29G)  just wouldn’t register Account 1, but when I selected Account 2 or 3 they would register without any problem, so I’m guessing it was a bug in the firmware.

Anyway, I now have VitalPBX set up and running 35 phones on my LAN.

Excellent.

Thanks for share the solution.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.