Specify CallerID by Number dialed

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Specify CallerID by Number dialed

Participant

I have a need that I would like to figure out using (maybe) Outbound Routes.

Is there any way for any extension configured in VitalPBX to do the following:

<any extension> dials 614NXXXXXX the callerid is 9999999999 (for example)

<any extension> dials 513NXXXXXX the callerid is 9999999998 (for example)

In other words using Outbound Routes or something, any extension dials a specific Area Code the 

DID is this number.

TIA

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

You can create multiple outbound routes, and depending on pattern and extension number assign a caller ID

Steve
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Ok, not sure I understand.  In the outbound routes I put an example if a call was placed to any number in the 801 Area Code (see attached).  Where would I put the outbound callerid?

Steve
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Here is a full screen shot of what I have.  The trunks are filled out with my trunks.  The Outbound CID is fake in the screen shot, the called number (which is also fake) when dialed doesn’t show the callerid.  I have a question, does this route need to be checked before my first route (which encompasses all calls without the Overwrite CID turned on).  I am not sure what else to try.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  See attached.

Up
    Down

You should remove the outbound route who encompasses all calls and just leave those who overwrite the CID.

The other option is to create a class of service that only contains the routes that overwrite the CID, and the main class of service (Cos All), add it the route who encompasses all calls.

You may check the following link to fully understand the classes of services: https://vitalpbx.org/en/understanding-the-classes-of-services/

Steve
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thanks, I will check it out!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.