Speed dial with pauses?

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Speed dial with pauses?

Up
Down
    Participant

Hi,

How would I go about creating a speed dial that includes pauses?

Such as: 31235938 [pause for 2 seconds] 0011 48 224242NNN

I have not been able to find any documentation on how to add pauses via the webui.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Michal

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies

Do you have any reason to add a pause before dial?

alindzon
    Participant

for example *97 pause then password to pickup voicemail

I have tried comma and p neither works.

This is for send dtmf digits?

alindzon
    Participant

Yes on the speed dials in SonataSuite I cannot figure out how to pause, which is useful for Voicemail password, dialing options and extensions after a remote phone system picks up etc…

Very common.

for example *97 then a pause, then a password in digits

like *97,1234 or *97p1234 are command ways to do this in most systems.

I got it. 

About sonaSuite,about which software are you talking about? 

Sonata suite is composed by various software like: Sonata Switchboard, Sonata Recordings, etc.

alindzon
    Participant

Sorry Communicator.  You can set up speed dials on the right.  Two issues with those so far.  1) cannot figure out how to pause, 2) BLF should be available for extensions.  VitalPBX supports BLF but it does not appear sonatasuite communicator does yet.

I already understood your question, it’s about Sonata Communicator, currently it does not have any direct access to Voice Mail, and in Speed Dial we do not have the option to pause. However, we will include it soon.

michal
    Participant

Sorry, for some reason all the new post notifications came through at once.

Yes, my reason for adding a pause is that it does not work if there is no pause. I am using a SIP FXO trunk to dial out on our analogue line and we have to dial 31235938, wait for it to pick up, and then dial the desired number.

There are also many other occasions with automated systems that require pauses when navigating through menus. I look forward to the feature being added as we use it extremely frequently.

Regards,

Michal

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.