take 3 – client fails install

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion take 3 – client fails install

Up
Down
    Participant

just downloaded scom.zip and installed it over my old version. GOt an error which I missed. so I restarted setup.exe and chose REPAIR. Got the following error:

MDAC 2.6 Sp2

MDAC 2.6 Sp2 cannot be installed on this machine. MDAC 2.6 SP2 requires any one of the following configurations:

Microsoft WIndows 95 or 98 with the Y2K Update 2 and Internet Explorer 4.01 SP2 or later

Microsoft Windows Millenium

Microsoft NT 4 SP5 (or greater) and IE 4.01 SP2 or later

Microsoft Windows 2000

Setup will exit now. Please restart the Setup after installing the necessary updates to this machine.

[ OK ]

Ok this is 2018 why are you using such old libraries?

ALso, are there clients for Mac OS, Android and iPhone? If not this is a show stopper.

Please let me know so I don’t waste time tonight working on this.

Thanks leon

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies

We are working in a new Sonata Communicator Version to make more compatible with the VitalPBX environment and features, however, this SoftPhone is only available for Windows Platform.

wa4zlw
    Participant

so let me understand there will be no client for Mac, Android and iPhone?

That is a show stopper.

wa4zlw
    Participant

Also, I can not uninstall it. WIndows is reporting an installation in progress so I can’t get it out nor will I be able to install anything else. HOw can we resolve this please? thanks leon

TrustedbyU
    Participant
    Posted by: wa4zlw

so let me understand there will be no client for Mac, Android and iPhone?

That is a show stopper.

From what i see of Communicator, it seems to be pretty geared up for “call centre standard” setups. IE softphone, Windows Based workstation (normally on Older windows platforms). Ekiga is a good full featured Open source Softphone that works on windows and Linux Environments (which i use myself in testing)….. We’ve also tested and quite like Bria as a Windows / IOS / Android Cross-platform softphone, but it’s not free and my MD is a bit tight when it comes to budget!.

I’m actually using a hybrid system now, With Grandstream GXP2160 SIP deskphones on each desk, with GS Affinity (Grandstreams Hardware/Software phone link) installed on our Windows 10 PC’s (which link with the Hardware phone to control it from the PC)… We don’t link our Mobiles to the SIP system anymore, but when we did, we were using Bria and it worked brilliantly. We just couldn’t justify paying a software subscription for something that was rarely used in place of IP handsets.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.