TLS Support

Up
Down
    Participant

Greetings!

I’m looking for instruction on how to add TLS to VitalPBX. Do you guys have anything you can share?

Best Regards,

-G

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Replies

You can enable TLS support in the SIP Settings module

TheG-Man
    Participant

Thanks. Does the cert needs to be in specific location to be picked up by web gui?

The cerst must be generate by the Certificates module of VitalPBX, by know only self signed are working for TLS calls.

The cerst must be generate by the Certificates module of VitalPBX, by know only self signed are working for TLS calls.

TheG-Man
    Participant

That works.

Thanks!

TheG-Man
    Participant

I have an asterisk proxy and I’m trying to create TLS trunk between VitalPBX and asterisk but it doesn’t work. I can register phone to asterisk without any issues. 

Attached is screenshot with config.

TheG-Man
    Participant

And here is Advanced tab for trunk.

You must enable the TLS in the SIP Settings module, under Network Tab.

Check this link: https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/SIP+TLS+Transport

TheG-Man
    Participant

Here is what I got there.

Create a self-signed certificate and assigned to the SIP Settings

TheG-Man
    Participant

Did that, and it didn’t help. The thing is, VitalPBX is a client to Asterisk server, so I don’t know how certificate on VItalPBX should help.

According to asterisk documentation you must to define the certificate to use for secure calls

TheG-Man
    Participant

I think, I’m getting closer. Now I get this error.

chan_sip.c:17828 register_verify: ‘UDP’ is not a valid transport for ‘VitalPBX’. we only use ‘TLS’! ending call.

I’m pretty sure I have transport type setup properly on VitalPBX.

TheG-Man
    Participant

I think I got it. After long search I found that the registration string needs to start with tls:// otherwise it will use UDP to register.

I have try to configure TLS for the phone, account registered. Outgoing is ok, incoming problem for the phone configure TLS ? Why can help ?
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.