Toll fraud prevention

VitalPBX Community Support Frequently Asked Questions Toll fraud prevention

Up
Down
    Participant

I would like to know if there any macanism in VitalPBX/Asterisk someone outside of our organization may use to fraud like making long distance call using our outgoing trunk lines. Feature like voicemail call back. 

I remember the days where we have to disable those feature and configure a restrictive COS for the voicemail system extention to block outgoing calls made from VM system extention. 

Do we have to disable such features in VitalPBX or it’s already disabled and secure out of the box?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
    ruben
    Participant

Hello,

You can also look at restricting your trunks to be only accessible from your office IP’s. Than also restrict your VitalPBX to be accessible only from your office IP.

vincentpaquette
    Participant

This part is ok. I’m concerned about someone outside our organization using our voicemail system to make long distance calls. That kind of hacking was easy to do on Nortel Norstart PBXs that were not secured.

vincentpaquette

The callback option for Voicemail, and the dials out option, comes disabled by default, so, you don’t have to worry about it.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Tagged: , ,

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.