Transfer Caller directly to voicemail

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Transfer Caller directly to voicemail

Participant
    Up
    Down

Hello- looking for a way to transfer a caller directly to another extensions voicemail.  Tried *xxx with no luck.  Is this possible?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

You can create a custom application that point to an extension voicemail, for example, custom app 120 pointing to extension 2000 voicemail, so, when someone calls, you can make the transfer to extension 120.

bphello
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thank you the response- yes I understand this method.  For a client with 30 extensions, it would be nice to have a dialplan option or to use a variable to represent the extension.  For now we will make apps for each user extension.  Thank you-

bphello
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I wanted to update that this is not an issue- the suggestion to use custom application works well.

InTeleSync
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I understand what is being asked here, and would like to +1. Would be nice to be able to create a global, say, *25 code, so that when a caller can be transfered to *25 + extension number and it’ll go directly to the voicemail for that extension. Ex: Transfer -> *25100 -> Transfer sends the caller to extention 100’s voicemail.

The recommendation being made is to create codes for each and every extension’s voicemail, and that is not practical on systems with 1000’s of extensions.

Up
    Down

@admin-2529

Thanks for the suggestion.

InTeleSync
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Found this golden nugget that addresses the problem: https://vitalpbx.org/en/community/general-discussion/transfer-direct-to-voicemail/

Update the feature code list please.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Transfer Caller directly to voicemail’ is closed to new replies.