TRUNK Guest Call?

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion TRUNK Guest Call?

Up
Down
    Participant

I have a provider that sends SIP over 3 different IP addresses.  There is no registration involved, they just direct it straight to my IP address.  The only way I can get them to pass through VitalPBX is to enable Allow Guest in SIP security.  I have configured a trunk for each of the 3 IP addresses but still they come in as guests.

Any suggestions on how I could get these trunks to be authenticated so I can turn off AllowGuest?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies

What VOIP provider are u using?

jrosetto
    Participant

@ing-joserivera26

I’m moving over to TeleVergence.

Are u using a  registration string?

jrosetto
    Participant

@ing-joserivera26

No registration whatsoever.  It is a static trunk so all I have in the trunk is the IP address and the port, configured as PJSIP.

Do you have the PJSIP protocol on port 5060? 

jrosetto
    Participant

@ing-joserivera26

No I have it on the default 5062.

And your provider allows you pointing to that port?

jrosetto
    Participant

@ing-joserivera26

No I have the trunk configured to point to port 5060

So, calls are coming trough port 5060, but PJSIP is running in port 5062. I think that’s the problem, calls cannot be authenticated because the trunk is no created in the port 5060

jrosetto
    Participant

@ing-joserivera26

So I’m thinking the easiest thing would be to reconfigure the trunk as a SIP trunk to verify that.  What are your thoughts?

This is a production system at this point and trying to change PJSIP port would require a lot of work.

jrosetto
    Participant

@ing-joserivera26

Went ahead and created the trunk on the SIP side and it came through as it should so when the trunk is configured on PJSIP and the packets are sent through the SIP port it treats it as a guest.

I’m going to get with the vendor again and see if there is any way to switch the ports.  If not I’m on the hook for changing the default PJSIP port to 5060 and reconfiguring all the extensions.

jrosetto
    Participant

@ing-joserivera26

Ended up moving the PJSIP port over to 5060 and all is well now.  I decided to go this route rather than have the provider change ports sent to 5062 because if I ever want to change providers I could be limited on what vender can actually change their default send port.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.