Trying to make this PCI Compliant.

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Trying to make this PCI Compliant.

Up
Down
    Participant

Hi all.. I’m having a bit of a headache with our call recordings at the moment.

In order for us to be PCI compliant, we have to be able to stop the recording of calls when taking payment information over the phone. I was hoping to have a pause / mute recording button, which it turns out VitalPBX doesn’t have a feature code for. So I decided to make a Private extension with call recording switched off. Which works fine, providing the calls originate to or from the private extension. However if I transfer from a line that previously had a call recorded, to the secure extension, mixmonitor continues the recording, even with recording set to No on the private extension.

I don’t mind a bit of script hacking, but i really need to make this system compliant!

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies

Check the following link: https://www.callguard.com/callguard/compatible/pci-dss-compliance-asterisk-call-recording

TrustedbyU
    Participant

Thanks Mrivera.

I did look at Call guard, but this is a rather expensive way of going about it.

This is why i decided to go down the Secure extension route. On Our freepbx install we had a few extensions set to Recording: Always, and others that were set to recording:Never.

When we x-ferred a call from ALWAYS to NEVER Mixmonitor would stop the recording. and from NEVER to ALWAYS mixmonitor would start a new recording. This was annoying, however we could at least retreive a recording if we needed to without recording things that shouldn’t be.

I was expecting VitalPBX to act the same.  When moving from an extension with RECORDING: YES to RECORDING: NO. but this doesn’t seem to be the case. it continues to record the conversation after its been passed to a private line.

Let me check the current behavior, and I will let you know if there is a way to achieve what you are requesting, or if we need to add something else to the VitalPBX core

TrustedbyU
    Participant
    Posted by: mrivera

Let me check the current behavior, and I will let you know if there is a way to achieve what you are requesting, or if we need to add something else to the VitalPBX core

Thanks… I will continue stabbing around some of the modules as well. I might be able to force it in script just for the few extensions we want private by adding a mixmonitor command at the beginning of a call for certain extensions 🙂 or look at adding a pause / resume Custom application bound to a Feature code if i can figure out where to put them 🙂

toxicfusion
    Participant

What about creating a custom context to disable or hotkey the call recording on/off?

PS: Should remove your sig from forum so cant be traced back to you when posting online? Just my point view and opinion on online presence?

TrustedbyU
    Participant
    Posted by: toxicfusion

What about creating a custom context to disable or hotkey the call recording on/off?

PS: Should remove your sig from forum so cant be traced back to you when posting online? Just my point view and opinion on online presence?

Yeah i was looking at creating the hotkey, but alot contexts etc aren’t where i would expect to find them on a stock Asterisk install (for obvious reasons)… I’m making headway on it. At the moment we have it send the ‘secure calls’ to landline outside of the pbx just to make sure we’re compliant :).

As for the signature. I take the point, although I’m not overly concerned as I tend to steer away from sensitive conversations online! and to be honest, if someone really wanted to find me, there’s easier ways than dredging through forum posts :D…. It is a bit long winded though so i think i’ll strip out most of it :).

Instead of re-inventing the wheel, i’m hoping that the behavior can be changed. As in my mind if an extension has recording set to no, No recordings should be made of a call on that extension regardless of the recording preferences of previous extensions / queues.

Maybe a “force no” option could be applied to extensions? I would think an option such as recording: Force Yes | Inherit | Force No would be very very handy for situations like this 😀

Also a start / stop recording feature code would be incredibly handy 😉

Ta.

Mike

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.