Twilio trunk incoming calls not working

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Twilio trunk incoming calls not working

Up
Down
    Participant

I am a vitalpbx newb. Evaling it vs freepbx and 3cx. I want to use Twilio for trunks. Twilio works for me in freepbx and 3CX no problems. I can’t get it working in VitalPBX. Outgoing works fine in VitalPBX. But incoming does not. Twilio logs just show comm error with VitalPBX. Vital PBX pretty much shows nothing.  So it looks like it never even gets to VitalPBX. I saw another post about setting up separate trunks for each ip twilio uses, but that seems unreasonable given Twilio works on other Asterisk based pbxs without doing that. I also refered to the vitalpbx Twilio setup blog post. It is a little outdated as fields have changed since then. Someone has to be using Twilio with VitalPBX and got this working? Help

ps I have tried and tried, I don’t go out and ask until I have tried everything I can. So I double checked networking, I had firewall off, intrusion detection off, I tried both SIP and PJSIP.  I have run out of ideas.  

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies

You may use sngrep to monitoring the incoming invites from Twilio to VitalPBX. You may use PJSIP with Twilio, but make sure from Twilio to point to port 5062, because, on VitlaPBX the PJSIP runs on that port.

InTeleSync
    Participant

Jose! Gheesh brother. Been waiting for that little golden nuggest of info! “You may use PJSIP with Twilio, but make sure from Twilio to point to port 5062″

So ref: https://vitalpbx.org/en/community/general-discussion/intermitent-issue-with-twilio-incoming-calls/

and ignore it.

In Twilio, choose your Elastic SIP Trunk, choose Origination, and update the Origination URI to:

sip:[your FQDN]:5062

In VitalPBX, build your PJSIP trunk with the intent of being trusted by Twilio via IP Access Control List. So the fields that matter…

General Configuration

Remote Host: Your Twilio Termination SIP URI, such as myhost.pstn.twilio.com

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.