- September 21, 2019 at 1:03 pm
I just updated Centos 7 to Centos 7.7 and now the firewalld isn’t working Well it’s working but it isn’t looking at any rules that I have set up in VitalPBX. Is there an issue with Centos 7.7 and VitalPBX :
Please let me know if there is a fix for the firewall and fail2ban working with VitalPBX.
- September 21, 2019 at 1:06 pm
- September 21, 2019 at 1:12 pm
- September 21, 2019 at 5:09 pm
Thanks for the help. I did the following:
firewall-cmd –permanent –direct –add-rule ipv6 filter OUTPUT 0 -p udp –dport=5353 -j DROP firewall-cmd –permanent –direct –add-rule ipv4 filter OUTPUT 0 -p udp –dport=5353 -j DROP firewall-cmd –reload
Then I got:
Error: COMMAND_FAILED: argument of type ‘Rich_Destination’ is not iterable.
I am again stuck, could you advise if this is correct or incorrect what how to “removing the mdns rule from the firewall” is how I should have attempted it?
- September 21, 2019 at 5:10 pm
I did this from instruction from:0
- September 21, 2019 at 5:26 pm
- September 21, 2019 at 5:32 pm
- September 21, 2019 at 6:08 pm
I removed that rule from firewalld via the VitalPBX web interface. I rebooted after the yum update and I still can’t get back into VitalPBX. None of the rules are being added back in. They are in the web interface but not being loaded into firewalld. All that iptables -S shows is attached.0
- September 21, 2019 at 6:11 pm
- September 21, 2019 at 6:15 pm
- September 21, 2019 at 6:18 pm
- September 21, 2019 at 6:22 pm
I used to remove firewalld and used iptables by themselves until VitalPBX came out with OpenVPN and decided to stick with ‘out-of-the’box vs. going back to just ipeables. I haven’t really learned firewalld yet, I am not bad with just iptables. I realize that firewalld is a different intrface that sets up iptables. That is why I always went back to iptables and removed firewalld in the past. This installation is only a couple months old with 100% VitalPBX.0
- The topic ‘Updated 9/21/2019 and firewalld is not working.’ is closed to new replies.