User/Extension QR Code Generation

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion User/Extension QR Code Generation

Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    Hello,

The QR code generator has been super helpful for setting up users’ accounts on a smartphone. Is there a way to generate and/or send the QR code that isn’t manually going through the web admin console?

I was hoping there’d be a command or easier method to do for all users without having to go one by one.

Thanks,

Andrew

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
    InTeleSync
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Andrew as a workaround if you have some other external Customer Relationship Manager, and it sounds like you may, then all we do is download the QR code from the VitalPBX GUI and insert it into our CRM. From there it is available for the customer when needed.

Regardless, we have also requested an API call for this with support.

jo-cpa
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    This would be extremely helpful.  Manually copying the QR code to deliver to a large group is tedious.
    Afuerst
    Participant
    US
    Up
    Down
    The beta version of VitalPBX has a feature that allows the QR code of an extension and it’s associated device to be sent in a welcome email via the csv import. It works for both editing and updating users, and is very promising. Big thanks to the VitalPBX Team!

At this point I’m wondering how much farther I can extend this functionality. Would it be possible to call the function that performs the email being sent, by asterisk and/or linux shell? I’m open to any and all suggestions and discussions.

Thanks,

Andrew

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Tagged: 

• The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.