user or password invalid after RESTORE

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion user or password invalid after RESTORE

Participant

Hi,

Recently I had to reinstall VitalPBX.

The problem occurred when I Restore my Backup. Navigating to any menu option I get “User or password invalid”. So I close the browser and reopen it.

The error message stops but the phones (physical and softphones) could not register and they are not recognized in the Extensions (devices), although they are correctly present in there! I have tried: Reboot the system, reboot the phones, NO success!

WORKARROUND

So I went to PBX > Extensions > Extensions Status
    and under Actions I click the edit button. Press Save and Apply (on top) and that phone become “alive”!
    Once I only have a few phones I done it one by one.

is this a bug? How may I solve it in a bulk fashion?

Thanks in advance,
    Jose

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

The problem occurred when I Restore my Backup. Navigating to any menu option I get “User or password invalid”. So I close the browser and reopen it.

That’s happens due the database is deleted and restore, this delete the session information producing the behavior described by you.

The error message stops but the phones (physical and softphones) could not register and they are not recognized in the Extensions (devices), although they are correctly present in there! I have tried: Reboot the system, reboot the phones, NO success!

After a restore it is necessary to apply changes to generate SQLITE data and Asterisk configurations.

JMatos
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I understand, but…

When I  “apply changes” on the PBX > Extensions > Extensions Status (devices) only that particular device becomes “alive”.

What is the best way to apply the changes as you mentioned?

Thank you very much,
    Jose 

Up
    Down

When the changes are applied, all the configurations are written down. You don’t need to do any special things, just have to wait that the phone send the request to register against the Asterisk server.

Also you may check the intrusion detection module to check if your devices has been banned. 

JMatos
    Participant
    Up
    Down

When the phone send the request I see a “wrong password” message, although the pass is correct!

The devices are not banned.

Now it’s is all ok

Thank you,
    Jose

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.