Virtual Fax Issue

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Virtual Fax Issue

Participant

Hi,

Have anyone of you guys configured fax using SIP protocol? – I am using this company called T.38fax.com for services. The system receives the fax but it gives me this error.

“FAX RCV: failed. error code The call dropped prematurely”

Now, My configuration is really straightforward – I added my trunk connected towards Fax sip provider, everything is good. Now for the Inbound I have added my DID and detect fax then I have selected the destination where to send the fax and that’s when I get the message error.

Can anyone tell me what’s wrong? 

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

Are you using the virtual fax add-on?

May you share a call trace from Asterisk CLI?

For further inspection of your issue, you may acquire 1 hour of our support packages.

Falombard25
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Yes! I am using the Virtual Fax add-on.
    Actually something fuzzy just happened, now the incoming fax is working but sending is not working.

So let me explain, at this point I can receive fax towards my email without any problem – if I login to my portal user I wont be able to see my fax, incoming nor outgoing. I dont see any type of logs showing up at the asterisk client. Dial pattern has been configured on the outbound.

And I wouldn’t mind paying for the support because I will be paying for the carrier license – but right now I’m just testing all the settings from VitalPBX.

But fax sending is not working. I have the latest VitalPBX. 

Up
    Down

You can send us an email to support@vitalpbx.com with your carrier licensing number in order to schedule a remote session for checking your issue.

Falombard25
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Hi,

I don’t have a carrier license number Yet. Because as I mentioned before I want to try all the functionalities before taking the system to production and pay for my carrier service, fax is one of the thing missing and is not working 

This is my procedure, I have a carrier sip trunk call T.38. I added have a trunk connected into that carrier. Incoming calls was added accepting the fax option and redirecting the traffic towards my fax destination. 

As I said in previous context, I can receive the fax but I cannot view or send from the user profile console.

Can you try it from your end and let me know your outcome?
    The setup from vitalPBX is really straightforward I doubt something is wrong on my end since I’m very familiar with asterisk functionality. 

Up
    Down

We will check it on our side

Falombard25
    Participant
    Up
    Down

@ing-joserivera26

Thank you very much! 🙂

TylerDeVan
    Participant
    Up
    Down

@ing-joserivera26

Miguel,

I am seeing the same thing as  Falombard25 with inbound faxes. They are making their way into “/var/lib/ombutel/static/<tenant>/fax/<extension>/in/” but don’t show up in the portal for the user. This looks to be because it is not using a fax device per se and the portal has you choose the fax device used. I could really use a fix for this as I am trying to get this running for a paid customer.

On another note, your main phone number isn’t working currently.

Up
    Down

Hello Mr. Deven,

When using the Virtual Faxes add-on the incoming faxes are saved in the following path:

/var/lib/ombutel/fax/recvd/1569519590.pdf

To know what is the right configuration to receive faxes, please see the attached picture.

if you need further support, you may send us an email to support@vitalpbx.com

TylerDeVan
    Participant
    Up
    Down

@ing-joserivera26

Awesome. That worked great. Where can I set the trunk to use for outbound faxing? I can see in the logs that it’s using the first carrier in my Route Selection list for my Class of Service.

Up
    Down

You may route outgoing faxes based on provided CID for the fax device. check the attached picture.

On the outbound routes, you may create a pattern rule that matches the DID and CID, and then, specify the desired trunks.

TylerDeVan
    Participant
    Up
    Down

That did the job. Thanks Miguel for your help.

Up
    Down

You’re welcome Mr. Devan

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.