- March 26, 2019 at 5:23 pm
I am able to call from one SIP extension to another but no voice is transmitted, either from caller or from the other end to the caller.
There is no NAT configuration, no Firewall whatsoever (i asked and verified with the Hosting company that they should disable any Firewall instances for my server – They did.). I have just one public IP which is not being filtered by anything.
Where should i start looking for problems with the sound?
Sorry, i am new to VitalPBX, and PBX in general.0
- March 26, 2019 at 5:51 pm
- March 26, 2019 at 5:54 pm
- March 26, 2019 at 6:04 pm
- March 26, 2019 at 6:06 pm
- March 26, 2019 at 6:11 pm
- March 26, 2019 at 6:19 pm
- March 26, 2019 at 6:23 pm
- March 27, 2019 at 1:11 pm
- March 27, 2019 at 6:32 pm
- March 27, 2019 at 8:35 pm
I am testing a similar issue, on both a dedicated and a hosted server that are offsite from where my phone or softphone is. VitalPBX ext set to Force, Comedia
When using the Xlite phone I have no audio, I have been playing with the stun, rtp, ports etc on the Xlite. Also may be an issue with your pc firewall settings
When using a Yealink T46 I have audio on both the dedicated and hosted offsite server and all is well.
When testing the Xlite to a server at the same location on a local network I have audio and all is well, so it is either a pc firewall issue or a setting in the Xlite.
Same on a 3CX softphone no audio unless on the same local network.0
- March 27, 2019 at 9:14 pm
- March 27, 2019 at 9:28 pm
Yes I do
Testing two offiste servers (from where my softphones and Yealink phones are) one is hosted on vultr and one is dedicated behind a mikrotik router
Yealink T46 works in all scenarios
Xlite and 3cx softphones no audio on a win10 box
I just tested a Linphone softphone on a Linuxmint box on the same network and it is working in all scenarios
Also just tested to a Elastix box offsite at a working customer same issue
Don’t think the problem is VitalPBX, must be a win10 thing0
- March 27, 2019 at 9:44 pm
- March 28, 2019 at 10:46 am
- The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.