VitXi WebRTC – User creation automation?

VitalPBX Community Support VitXi WebRTC VitXi WebRTC – User creation automation?

Participant
    Up
    Down
    How can users be created in VitXi WebRTC in bulk?
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Replies
    Maynor Peralta
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Hello Mr.

Currently, you cannot create users in bulk. We will raise this suggestion with the development team, for user creation automation.

Best Regards!

fnlauria
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    With several hundred (or more) users in the company, auto-creation and/or changes in bulk would be a huge time-saver!
    jo-cpa
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Any new information on this?  We are about to create 500+ VitXi RTC devices for web.
    Maynor Peralta
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Hello!,

This feature is currently under development to facilitate the creation of many users,

We will keep you informed about this,

Best Regards!

Maynor Peralta
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Hello Sir,

The new version (1.0.5-1) of VitXi is now available!.

In this new version, you can import users or contacts from a .csv file.

You can see the new features, fixes, and improvements in our changelog: VitXi Changelog

Best regards!

jo-cpa
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    I may not be doing something correctly for the VitXi Admin Console Users Import.

Do you have a template for the import?  I tried using the export as a template, but there is an error upon import.
    See attached.

Also, on that note, when (or will you) correct the VitalPBX export/import differences in columns?  It is very annoying to have to move columns around.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by jo-cpa.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Maynor Peralta
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Hello Sir,

The template that you must download to use in the import is the one that appears in the attached image.

These are the columns that the import CSV template has:

• name
    • username
    • password
    • role (name of the role to assign. If this is left empty, the role “user” is assigned)
    • tenant (this column can be left empty)
    • group (name of the group to which the user will belong, if this is left empty, it will be associated with the public list)
    • extension (the extension must not be in use by another user)
    • agent_profile (name of the profile to associate. If this is left empty, the default profile will be associated)

Best Regards!

Attachments:
    jo-cpa
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Thank you.  I must have over looked that.

Why do you make the export and import formats different?  Any chance you can get those in sync (for both Vital and VitXi)?  It would be much easier to maintain.

jo-cpa
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Also, can you please add the Phonebooks as an option for import?  The phonebooks are VERY important as well.  To have to go back in after import to set Phonebooks is tedious.
    jo-cpa
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Another issue.  For maintaining/changing settings for a User in VitXi… the export does not provide the password.  So, if we need to make a change to Users’ settings… how would those Users log back in to VitXi?

Do we then need to create all new passwords for Users and communicate that to them?
    Is there a value to put in the Password column to leave the password unchanged? while allow updates of other settings?

jo-cpa
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    I’ve tried numerous times to change my password in VitXi WebRTC.  Unsuccessful.  I think I saw another message on this.

What am I doing wrong?

So as you can imagine… if the Export/Import method doesn’t have a way to retain passwords… and the VitXi console doesn’t have a way to allow Users to Change Passwords…

the VitXi/VitalPBX phone system isn’t received well by Users.  Hope these issues can be resolved very soon.

Attachments:
    jo-cpa
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    Is there a method for deleting VitXi WebRTC users with the import?
    jo-cpa
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    And the import also seems to be missing the VERY IMPORTANT column called “device”.  I do see a column called “extension”, but I do not believe this is the same.

Without being able to specify the “device” the import is not that effective… since we’d need to go in to EVERY single User and click the dropdown to select the device.

Maynor Peralta
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Hello Sir,

Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions,

Answering your questions:

1. Why do you make the export and import formats different?
    R= we are going to make some changes so that the export and import formats are as similar as possible.

2. Also, can you please add the Phonebooks as an option for import?
    R= Sure, we will add this option for a future update.

3. Another issue. For maintaining/changing settings for a User in VitXi… the export does not provide the password. So, if we need to make a change to Users ’settings… how would those Users log back in to VitXi?
    Do we then need to create all new passwords for Users and communicate that to them?
    Is there a value to put in the Password column to leave the password unchanged? while allow updates of other settings?

R= We can add the password when exporting, but it would be exported in its encrypted/hashed version. Once the password is encrypted/hashed it cannot be reverted. We can add an option like “keep password” so that a new one is not created.

4. I’ve tried numerous times to change my password in VitXi WebRTC. Unsuccessful. I think I saw another message on this.
    What am I doing wrong?

R= Verify that you are entering the current password correctly. It is likely that you are not setting it correctly and that is why the password change is being rejected.

5. Is there a method for deleting VitXi WebRTC users with the import?
    R= Not currently, but it would be a good option to add it in a future update.

6. And the import also seems to be missing the VERY IMPORTANT column called “device”. I do see a column called “extension”, but I do not believe this is the same.
    Without being able to specify the “device” the import is not that effective… since we’d need to go in to EVERY single User and click the dropdown to select the device.

R = That’s true! We are going to improve this. There you must take the device instead of the extension.

Best regards!

Maynor Peralta
    Keymaster
    US
    Up
    Down
    Hello Sir,

A new version of VitXi is now available which has issues fixes, it also has the following improvements in user import:

1- Similar formats to import and export.

2- Added support for phonebooks (you need to add phonebook name, in case you assign multiple phonebooks these should be separated by commas).

3- In case the user exists (it is identified by username), in the password column, you can set “keep_password” to keep the current password of the user.

4- Added “device” column and removed “extension” column. This way the device is assigned to the user, which is the correct way to do it.

Also, in this update, the issue that the password cannot be changed has been fixed.

Best regards!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘VitXi WebRTC’ is closed to new topics and replies.