Voice mail box Sharing

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Voice mail box Sharing

Participant

I have (2) two extensions that I would like for them to share a single mailbox.  I would like for either of the phones to hit their message button and it would dial the voicemail box (of the shared voicemail box).

2700 is the shared mailbox.  I tried *982700 but that didn’t work.

Anyone got any suggestions on how I could make that work, please?

TIA.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
    sakssalonatl
    Participant
    Up
    Down

+1 Vote

I would like the same thing as well.

Up
    Down

You can use the feature *98, but without appended anything else.

In other hand, we will take into account your request about shared voicemail in future versions of VitalPBX.

sakssalonatl
    Participant
    Up
    Down

OK thanks that would be helpful especially for small business where sometimes we have multiple extensions (2-3), but like to use just 1 mailbox/voicemail.

Steve
    Participant
    Up
    Down

The idea here is to program the message button on the phone to dial the mailbox from two phones without having to manually dial the mailbox.

Ext 200 shares mailbox 2700

Ext 201  shares mailbox 2700

From either ext 200 or ext 201 hits the msg button on their individual phones and they get the email in mailbox 2700.

*98 asks you for the mailbox.  I am requesting that *982700 be possible or another way of doing this to access the shared mailbox of 2700.

*982700 makes the most sense to me as programmed in each of the extensions.  Just my opinion, but it doesn’t allow the *982700 to work.

Up
    Down

Now is possible dial a remote voicemail in the following way: *98*2700, also you can use a BLF key to monitor the voicemail status, more info in the following link: https://goo.gl/GdPrc6

Leonard
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’m going to have to backdoor a solution also.  Yealink phones I have a setting under ACCOUNT – Advanced

Scrolling down (for account 1)

Subscribe MWI To Voice Mail – Enable
    Voice Mail – *98351

I’m thinking I can use the End Point Manager template to set my Yealink would be the same as

account.1.subscribe_mwi_to_vm – 1
    account.1.subscribe_register – *98351

I guess in this case I would use *98*351

I’m thinking when the user presses the “Message” button it will dial the “shared” mail box also the phone MWI will be tied to the 351 mail box.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Leonard
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Or maybe not….

voice_mail.number.1 = *98351

End Point Manager template I need to go to Settings Group – “voice_mail”.  : )

Leonard
    Participant
    Up
    Down

The idea a had doesn’t work.  : )

I had to setup a “Account 2” to login to the VM extension thus two account need to be logged in for any physical phone needing to access the shared VM.  This is an ugly process….

I also would like to see the ability to have an extension in the voicemail section point to a different extensions VM.  Yes two processes exist however one won’t tell the user how many messages are in the VM and the other is just painful to setup.

Thanks,      

Leonard
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Here is a work around that will provide a shareable voicemail that will show the number of messages unlike the the BLF solution and does not require the creation of a second account on the phone.

Example:

Extension 401 – Front Desk 1

Extension 402 – Front Desk 2

Extension 450 – My “virtual” phone.

For both extensions 401 & 402 within the VitalPBX do not enable/create voicemail in the extension configuration.

For extension 450 enable voicemail and ensure to enable – “Generate Hit”

Go to the VitalPBX console or “putty” into it.

Login as – root

then type –

cd /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/ombutel-voicemail

ln -s 450 401

ln -s 450 402

*** Now the phone***

I have a Yealink  but I hope this helps non-Yealink users….

Web into the phone and set –

ACCOUNTAdvanced – Set the voice mail to the phone extension for example 401

For the physical email button on the phone go to 

DSSKEYProgrammable Key – For the “message” set it to SpeedDial with the value vm_450

It tools a few minutes but the mail box 450 was checked and it showed the number of messages on both 401 and 402.

Thanks,

Up
    Down

Thanks for share

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.