Voicemail service

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion Voicemail service

Up
Down
    Participant

I have a BLF voicemail extenxion. And I can’t acces it anymore. it say : “voicemail service is disable for this extension”. Don’t know why it doesn’t work anymore?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Replies

You may check the following:

• In the extensions module check under the Voicemail Tab if the extension has the voicemail enabled and if the Voicemail Hints are enabled also
    • Check if the class of service assigned to your extension has some restrictions regarding feature codes.
    stmartinvincent
    Participant

my setup seem good for the voicemail

and I didn’t set any feature code restriction to any class of service.

May you share a call log when you pressing the BLF hint

stmartinvincent
    Participant

I am not able to read my log files viewer. for a reason I don’t know. It always worked fine and now it doesn’t work.

You may do it through Linux console: 

tail -n 500 /var/log/asterisk/full
    tonywhelan
    Participant

or chmod  +r  /var/log/asterisk/*  to set the permissions so the log file viewer works…

stmartinvincent
    Participant

here a print screen of the log.

You have a wrong configuration in your BLF key, what its really dialing the BLF is: *98*5899

This is the format to set a BLF key for Voicemail: vm_1234, where 1234 is the voicemail extension that will be monitored.

stmartinvincent
    Participant

I didn’t configure *98*5899 on my blf I configure vm_5899 on my extension that will be monitored.

I re-checked, and that number is what it dials the hint. However, I realized that you are using a specific class of service for that extension, what feature category is assigned to that extension?

stmartinvincent
    Participant

All feature

Execute the following script on the Linux console and let me know if that fixes the issue:

/usr/share/ombutel/scripts/dump_asterisk_conf
    stmartinvincent
    Participant

it didn’t work

stmartinvincent
    Participant

I do not know if there is a link, but I can not save, I receive this error since I execute the script

Execute the following command:

chown -R apache:apache /var/log/vitalpbx/
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.