Voicemail to multiple addresses

VitalPBX Community Support Wish List Voicemail to multiple addresses

Participant

Under extensions, you can have email address that is great for sending voicemails.  However, in FreePBX we could have multiple email addresses and need this functionality.  We could have user1@company.com+boss1@company.com+support@company.com … but in VitalPBX it appears we are limited to just one email address.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
    Up
    Down

Thanks for the suggestion. I will move this topic to the Wish List section

krzykat
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Actually,  it doesn’t even need to be that complex.

Here is an example of my voicemail.conf from freepbx.  The same would obviously work here for VitalPBX, but would need to have the field not lock down the field to only allow one.

6245 => 6245,Mail – VoiceMail,user1@company.com+boss@company.com+support@company.com,,attach=yes|saycid=yes|envelope=yes|delete=yes

I’ll test on the VitalPBX server and report back findings.

Up
    Down

I don’t really know if asterisk supports this out of the box. I believe that we need patching asterisk to make it work with that syntax.

Did you try modifying the Asterisk’s voicemail files manualy for testing if this really works?

krzykat
    Participant
    Up
    Down

@ing-joserivera26

I’ll test it on our Vital server and report back

krzykat
    Participant
    Up
    Down

You are correct:  https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Sending+Voicemail+to+Multiple+E-Mail+Addresses:

From Tony Lewis

Problem is its only possible when using FreePBX Distro cause we patch Asterisk for this.  

Let me work on getting our version working with this and I’ll report back when I do.

InTeleSync
    Participant
    Up
    Down

+1 this request. When coupled with voicemail transcription our users like to copy their mobile email to text addresses.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.