What is the limit of the characters of the Email body of the voicemail

VitalPBX Community Support General Discussion What is the limit of the characters of the Email body of the voicemail

Participant

Hello,

It seems there is an limit of the character of the email body. It is in the Voicemail Settings – Email Settings – Email Body.
    I managed to update it from /etc/asterisk/ombutel/voicemail__10-general.conf. It works after restarting asterisk.

Also I am trying to change the sender’s address. Where Can I change this?

I change Admin – Email Settings – General – From Address. But it’s not updated. Thank you.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
    Will
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I found out that I can change from the command line file. After a few udpating the setting in GUI, the email body goes back to the one in GUI.

So can you update the limit of the Email Body character?

Also how can I change the sender’s info like “Asterisk PBX..” . Thanks.

Up
    Down

We will checkit, thanks for reporting it

kbohannon
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Has this been addressed? I checked etc/asterisk/ombutel/voicemail__10-general.conf and it shows what I have manually entered into Voicemail Settings – Email Settings – From, and the emails still show they are from “Asterisk PBX”.

Up
    Down
    Posted by: kbohannon

Has this been addressed? I checked etc/asterisk/ombutel/voicemail__10-general.conf and it shows what I have manually entered into Voicemail Settings – Email Settings – From, and the emails still show they are from “Asterisk PBX”.

We will check it

Up
    Down

We just released a new update of VitalPBX, please update and let me know if that fixes your issues.

To see more info about this version, please visit the following link: https://vitalpbx.org/en/vitalpbx-2-3-1/

kbohannon
    Participant
    Up
    Down

It fixes the email and name issue (nice!).

However, if the sendmailibm script is installed to send the audio to Watson STT, the audio attachment becomes just a zero k file.

kbohannon
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Actually I think it broke something altogether. With a fresh install of the latest ISO I configured my smtp and get the test emails, but no voicemail email at all.

Up
    Down

Actually I think it broke something altogether. With a fresh install of the latest ISO I configured my smtp and get the test emails, but no voicemail email at all.

Please open another topic with your issue.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.